POLL: Ever been to prison or jail?

2»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I've been taken in then released that same night and another time got locked in a room at the DMV until a friend could come with some cash to get me out...but thankfully that's it.

At the DMV? I've been in line there. Worse than jail.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I have a friend who got arrested for trying to let another friend out of the back of a cop car after he got arrested for being drunk in public. Ahh, college

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Arrested and held for over 12 hours. I was in the Redskins practice field and then the DC Coluseum. The jails were all full. May 3rd 1971

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    prison - no
    jail - yes x2

peace, stein. . .

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    dui threatens life and shows bad judgment.

Yeah, exactly.

Here is some fucked up shit that happened Wednesday night @ Work.

Sorry for the thread jack.....Ill try to keep it short.

Basically a Drunk Woman parked her car IN THE LANE in front of our bar. I asked her what she was doing and told her she had to move. She said she was looking for someone who lived upstairs, I got the number from her and called her friend. I told her friend she might be drunk. He said he would be right down. I went to tell the lady her friend was on the way. She asked me for a Very Dry gin martini!!! I said, "no lady, you cant leave your car there"

She drove off and my co-worker and I called in her plate number, the cops said they would be on the look out.

20 mins later, shes back, parked IN FRONT OF THE FIRE HYDRANT...drinking her martini at the bar next door.

We called the cops back, and told them what was going on.....

cops said "They were kinda busy tonight"

WTF???!!!!!

I thought at the very least they would make her move her car and then pull her over for D.U.I. right after or something easy right?....but no. Too fucking busy to protect and serve.

I was so pissed.

Not to mention I get word from someone who went on a ride along that Cops dont like to give out D.U.I's because its too much paper work, waiting for tow trucks, taking people to jail and eventually booking them. It takes like 1/4 of their day to go through the whole process.

Pretty fucked up that it isn't a pressing issue until someone gets killed.

Anyways,

Ive had a few close calls, but Ive never been arrested.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Jail twice.
    Unpaid "cycling at night without a light" ticket, turned into a bench warrant.
    Somebody crashed into me+lady cop with something to prove+.08 (exactly the legal limit in OR)=DUI

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Saba daba doo what Saba daba doo

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Never been to either, but I've been in plenty of situations where I really think I'd have been in some shit if I was anything other than white. Like filming a movie in high school at night at an elementary school with fake guns, or just the average cops coming while we were stoned in the park at night. My friend told me the following story about the racist and useless Albany cops the other day:

Two female friends of ours are walking down Solano, the main drag in town, at around 1:30 AM and a dude jumps out of a car and jacks one of their purses. Run of the mill shit, happens sometimes, and it sucks. One girl calls it into the police, and they ask her if she got a visual on either of the suspects. She says they were both hooded and couldn't tell, one of them she thought looked Asian. They ask her if the suspects were black. She says she couldn't tell.

So when the Police talk to her in person, a different officer asks her the same question, she gives the same response, and he goes, "So, two black males?" She says no, she couldn't see them. He then goes on to call it into the station right in front of her and says "Two black males in a robbery."

Fuck that shit.

• jail - a handful of times - OPP is the worst.
    prison - charges were dropped, narrowly avoided that one.

I try to stay on the good side of the law these days. If you're gonna go to jail at 35, make it count. I'd take a political or protest related charge, my records been clean for quite a few years now. No more drunk and disorderlies, posession charges, paraphanelia, shit that ties the youth up and keeps them on paper.

"The penetentiary ain't shit to be afraid of" - John Sinclair

MCF

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    yes

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    County jail two months, got caught working on a piece on a train yard.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    brazos county jail and maricopa county jail

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    nah, not plannin on it.

• i was held in jail for 4 hours on halloween when i was 17 for egging a police car. Dude gave me a fricken beating, but then was shook when my pops showed up with the police captain who is my fricken uncle.