ReRelease of MM...Food?????

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Saw this at a spot today....is there any difference between this new issue (complete with DVD, wrapped in silver foil) and the original????

Comments

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    the only difference is that the sample to kookies has been changed. oh, and that there's a dvd.

• and a poster co designed by MF 2600!!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    NEW MILLENNIUM RAP CLASSIC

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    whats the new beat sound like on kookies? and whats on the dvd??

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    surprisingly, the og cd goes for loot on ebay.

why would anyone spend loot on a CD? i dont get it ... there's practically nothing physically enjoyable about them --- so just get your mate to burn it for you...

why would anyone spend loot on a CD? i dont get it ... there's practically nothing physically enjoyable about them --- so just get your mate to burn it for you...

um dude easy, i was just stating that the cd goes for some money hence the 'surprisingly'

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

All the more reason to start collecting CD"s if folks are dropping mad loot on them!!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

same reason as we spend so much on certain vinyl - some of these said CDs are the only way to get the material. That doesn't neccessarily go for MF Doom (his CD is worth $ because it was taken off the shelves due to a cease and desist RE: sample clearances) - but for let's say....that Kloake n Dagga CD you've been itching for. (( http://cgi.ebay.com/Kloake-N-Dagga-Bay-A...1QQcmdZViewItem ))

um dude easy, i was just stating that the cd goes for some money hence the 'surprisingly'

i wasnt aiming that at you, nor am i especially steamed about it. it just find it suprising that people would cough up loads of cash for a CD.

no offense taken.

i ended up unloading a grip of mf doom related stuff on ebay a few months ago. the doomsday, mm food, a madvillian remix cd and special herbs vol.1 (had the cease & desist from marvel comics i think) all fetching on average $60 each. i too dont understand the craze over a cd but to each their own.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

But not the vinyl? I think I have a sealed one...

• whats the new beat sound like on kookies? and whats on the dvd??

i haven't cracked the foil on mine yet, but i saw the DVD about a year ago (i was gonna do the cover art when it was slated to be its own individual release) and it's live footage from the Fall 2004 MM..FOOD Drive tour.

Oh and the front cover is chocolate-scented scratch-n-sniff.

Here's the screenprinted version of the poster that comes with the CD (the one in the CD is just regular style printing). We just a brand new very very very very limited batch of olive green joints to be Rhymesayers giveaways.

Thanks to Ayres for the photo!

• why would anyone spend loot on a CD? i dont get it ... there's practically nothing physically enjoyable about them --- so just get your mate to burn it for you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/LILMAC-THE-LYRICAL-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

I actually sold my 2pac cd collection a while ago on the bay. His first 4 cds including the thug life compilation all went at least $40 each used. People pay good money for original cd pressings just like vinyl. I stay searching for og joints on interscope now just to flip em for wax.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What's on the dvd?

NEW MILLENNIUM RAP CLASSIC

What's your take Rootless?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Packaging - spectacular.

Album - ehh.

I like the album but im not blown away. and wouldnt deem it a classic. I listened to it like last month and was into it.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Its not one of his better albums thats for sure. Im always irritated the way he constatnly seems to re use his beats from old projects.