Why be an asshole?

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• Kind of wondering what I did wrong trying to pose a serious question.

Not enough post counts? Lame.

I haven't asked for anything, I don't need any fucking mp3 clips.

It's kinda like...
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

no whammies no whammies no whammies!! BIG BUCKS!!!

stop

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• ChappuhChappuh 53 Posts
    Yeah, you have to hit the flea markets and thrift stores in town now.

Kind of wondering what I did wrong trying to pose a serious question.

Hey... why be an asshole?

Hahah, alright alright jokes.

Oh yeah, the record store thing--we quit relying on record stores a LONG time ago. Spun was the first one here for about a year and a half.. lasted 2 years now it's gone. They'd get a lot of their stuff from flea markets and stuff anyway, the shit's scratchy but they're about the only places you can find stuff.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I WENT TO THE BANK AND ASKED FOR MONEY. THE TELLAR ASKED IF I HAD AN ACCOUNT I TOLD HER I DIDN'T AND THEN SHE LAUGHED AT ME. WHY THE ASSHOLE?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Dude....

as opposed to simply showing up in threads from time to time, talking to people like you have some respect for them, etc etc, you basically fire off a whiny-but-senstive thread about how folks around here don't meet your sanctimonious standards of internet 'expression' and then you title it 'Why be an asshole?'!!

Hmmmmmmm......"I wonder why everyone's picking on me?"

Welcome to the board!

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

Hahah, alright alright jokes.

Oh yeah, the record store thing--we quit relying on record stores a LONG time ago. Spun was the first one here for about a year and a half.. lasted 2 years now it's gone. They'd get a lot of their stuff from flea markets and stuff anyway, the shit's scratchy but they're about the only places you can find stuff.

Move .....a town with no records!!!!IS LAME

I WENT TO THE BANK AND ASKED FOR MONEY. THE TELLAR ASKED IF I HAD AN ACCOUNT I TOLD HER I DIDN'T AND THEN SHE LAUGHED AT ME. WHY THE ASSHOLE?

wow so your telling me soulstrut is like the bank and i'm like the customer. i have to open my (proverbial) account and deposit some money (knowledge) before I can withdraw the money (knowledge). also, it's illegal to rob banks.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I AM TELLING YOU THAT NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

wow so your telling me soulstrut is like the bank and i'm like the customer. i have to open my (proverbial) account and deposit some money (knowledge) before I can withdraw the money (knowledge). also, it's illegal to rob banks.

I feel as if I am watching this play out in slow motion from a great distance. I also feel as if I have experienced it all before.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    it's illegal to rob banks.

Not in Texas...

We used to have "Illegal Aliens" but now we call them "Undocumented Aliens"

Robbing a bank is now just considered an "Undocumented Withdrawal"

Not in Texas...

what were you in fayetteville for? I occasionally hear of random producers/djs coming through to dig but i never get to talk to any of them.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Rob Banks.

is that a rapper?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I occasionally hear of random producers/djs coming through to dig but i never get to talk to any of them.

He is a well-known random producer/DJ.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

What a spot on analogy...i'm so sick of corroborating with you theives.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm looking around and I'm realizing that the reason I don't post as often as I'd like to here is that stating an opinion always has the possibility of getting a smartass, holier than thou response.
    Why do people do this?
    I understand that when you have information that someone else does not, it feels empowering to be able to fill in the blanks but why are people so quick to assume someone else is wrong in favor of their own presumption?

This doesn't just have to do with this board or any other for that matter.
    Are we so consumed by our passions, our wrangling to get to the top of the totum pole (whatever that is, if it exists) that we're willing to step all over a stranger's feelings for a feeling of validity?

For me, regarding the dj/producer scene in particular, the heart of this has to do with intense competition. The more confident you feel about your knowledge/business compared to others, the better equipped you may feel to tackle the competition.
    Is this just insecurity masked, once again, as bravado? Shouldn't we understand that the competition is a fact and that we're not all going to be going down in the history books for our respective work? Shouldn't we just get over ourselves and concentrate on making things better in general so true talent can come through and flourish? You know, "standing on the shoulders of giants" and all that.

I understand some of your problems with people asking for mp3 clips and whatnot but geez does it really hurt you to see someone post asking for something so insignificant? Is it really so much fun being an asshole that you're willing to encroach on someone else's exploration/learning?

Just some thoughts.

On behalf of Soulstrut, I would like to apologize for the lack of etiquette on this board. Basically, you need one of three things to be successful. 1) You collect private terds. 2) you are a dj 3) you have a big dick.

if you fall under any of those, you'll be successful. Good Luck!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

I feel as if I am watching this play out in slow motion from a great distance. I also feel as if I have experienced it all before.

Listening to Enya much?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I am sorry to report that, despite a number of requests, the release of Take Your Mouth Off: A Guide To Soulstrut Etiquette is still some way from completion.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    1) You collect private terds. 2) you are a dj 3) you have a big dick.

TRIFECTA YOU BETCHA!

TRIFECTA YOU BETCHA!

haha. You funny.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Just some thoughts.

the vest sweater wearer, action figurine package tearer, the novelty tie rocker, self inflicted cock blocker, the mayonaise spreader, the watch french flick double header, the wannabe big thinker, soy milk drinker, the sandal on the foot guy, the 'gee they seem scary' dont even look guy, the shook guy, the 'will people think im smart' if I say I read this book guy, the police teller, the hair geller, the inaccurately described record seller, the scented candle smeller, the fruit of the loom appologist, the amateur psyhcologist, the self apointed this is why they flopped dead career pathologist, the im trying real hard but im as cool as an ologist, the side parting comber, the small boner, the frequent mom phoner, the friday night home aloner, the girl not haver, the sock stabber, the recycled paper bagger, the mr send cheap cheese and wine hamper.
    [/b]

Kool Kieth does Smoothe Tha Hustla!

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts

Not in Texas...

Another person who is not ready for 9$ tomatoes.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

why you gotta go and start a hip-hop gay rumor?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Just some thoughts.

the vest sweater wearer, action figurine package tearer, the novelty tie rocker, self inflicted cock blocker, the mayonaise spreader, the watch french flick double header, the wannabe big thinker, soy milk drinker, the sandal on the foot guy, the 'gee they seem scary' dont even look guy, the shook guy, the 'will people think im smart' if I say I read this book guy, the police teller, the hair geller, the inaccurately described record seller, the scented candle smeller, the fruit of the loom appologist, the amateur psyhcologist, the self apointed this is why they flopped dead career pathologist, the im trying real hard but im as cool as an ologist, the side parting comber, the small boner, the frequent mom phoner, the friday night home aloner, the girl not haver, the sock stabber, the recycled paper bagger, the mr send cheap cheese and wine hamper.
    [/b]

wtf is that from?

i think its a poem about soulstrut's top poasters.

I'd say it most closely describes crink.

I have never "rocked" a novelty tie.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i will never understand why people post these threads

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

why you gotta go and start a hip-hop gay rumor?

BECAUSE I KNOW WHO GOT PULLED OVER IN AN ESCALADE WITH A YOUNG BOY. BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU IS, OR DON'T DO IT.

I'm gonna listen to that interview again now.

i will never understand why people post these threads

Eat a rainbow snowcone, biyotch!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Now that James Brown is dead, and MJ is as good as, what pop star today can dance?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

TRIFECTA YOU BETCHA!

2 outa 3 ain't bad... i guess.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

TRIFECTA YOU BETCHA!

2 outa 3 ain't bad... i guess.

name which two or you have a small dick.