Tea La Rock.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I drink Ice T like CRAZY *PASUE*. Lately I've been trying to step my game up. I bought some of those little mesh balls and bought some black tea leaves with dried orange peels and blueberries from a local company and goddamn that shit is GOOD!I'm basically looking for some recommendations from my 'Strut fam. I saw how deep you guys got with that coffee thread and I'm looking for brewing tips & tricks in that vein. (O-Dub, does the brown sugar trick apply to tea, too?)Remember, I like my tea COLD.Thanks. hoLmeses!

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

One spice chai tea bag + 1 oz of milk(soy if you want) + tbsp of sugar = iced chai tea. Refreshing. Make it by the gallon if you wish, and save yourself 3.00 dollas from the local cafe, and make it yourself.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    The only iced tea I drink is Southern Sweet Tea.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• you should try to get a rooibos tea with lemon gras (not lemon gras flavor but real lemon gras bits in it).
    it's my favorite tea at the moment. i buy that tea with lemon peel added. you can drink it hot or cold. add brown sugar to it if you like. but it's not really needed.

i also like apple tea with ginger. a great combination. add fresh ginger to it though. basically, you can make your own tea. dry apple bits with fresh ginger. yummie!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I'm a simpleton/puritn when it comes to teas; no tisanes please. I'm also fairly educated when it comes to tea (worked as a tea buyer for whole foods, and as a demo dude for rishi tea). If you're drinking Iced tea I recommend that you buy the Bodum Ceylon. After you buy this get yourself some empty tea bags, and some nice loose leaf tea. Put three tablespoons in the bag, and put he bag in the pitcher and put it in the fridge overnight.

ALthough I'm not a huge fan of hot black tea it is probably the best tea for icing. Genmaicha works well also. Some varietals of black tea that you may want to try: Keemun, Yunnan, and any dark oolong. If you're feeling a bit more explorative try pu-erh. It's got a strong flavor, but once oyu learn to appreciate it its really nice.

Try to avoid brewing the tea hot and then adding cold water as you'll be able to steep the leaves more times by using cold water. Never buy tea that comes in bags. If there's a whole foods by you check out some rishi teas.

• The only iced tea I drink is Southern Sweet Tea.

No doubt!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The only iced tea I drink is Southern Sweet Tea.

No doubt!

LOL! Dump that Caro syrup in yo tea Waffle House style son!