Has this been seen by Soulstrut

YemskyYemsky 709 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
"How & Why [?] They Still Manufacture Vinyl LPs!"
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    there have been a couple youtubes showing that process that were posted here. I still want to know how the music gets from the saphire needle to the plate. How is audio translated into grooves? Anyone?

Did anyone see that mythbusters where they thought they could record into a clay pot and play it back? I think there was a myth saying how you could (using a laser) play ancient pots from old civilizations because they inadvertently captured the conversations of the artisan while they were making the pots with a piece of straw...the straw acting as the needle and transfering the sound into clay. It ended up not working.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    there have been a couple youtubes showing that process that were posted here. I still want to know how the music gets from the saphire needle to the plate. How is audio translated into grooves? Anyone?

"This microphone turns sound into electricity!"

There's a book called Audio & Hi-Fi Handbook that spends a good hundred pages on the subject.

Vibrations > Magnetics > Electric Signal > Amplification

"I WANNA IONIZE THE AIR!"