shipping from Germany

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I've been waiting for a 45 from Germany that was supposedly shipped almost two weeks ago, I'm assuming by first class mail since the charge was $8. Does it normally take this long? I haven't ordered anything from Germany in a minute.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts

I'm also waiting on something* from a seller in Germany, and it's been ten days; I'm only in England, and I'm beginning to remember that shipping from Germany in the past has been slow and expensive[/b]; so don't be too suprised if there seems to be a large mark-up you hadn't calculated on.

* Moodymann - Telephone/Blue 12" (please, please, please don't get lost in the post!)

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Germay to the US, especially the West Coast ,take take awhile. Ive waited for things from Germany(and Spain) that took almost a month. I dont know why those 2 countries take so long as compared to other Mainland europe countries.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Germay to the US, especially the West Coast ,take take awhile. Ive waited for things from Germany(and Spain) that took almost a month. I dont know why those 2 countries take so long as compared to other Mainland europe countries.

Word - you would think Germany, of all places, would have an efficient postal service.

• Germay to the US, especially the West Coast ,take take awhile. Ive waited for things from Germany(and Spain) that took almost a month. I dont know why those 2 countries take so long as compared to other Mainland europe countries.

Word - you would think Germany, of all places, would have an efficient postal service.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

If it wasn't a priority shipping it can take almost two months. don't ask me why. 8 dollar is an ok price, given the fact that paypal and shipping & handling end up in this price, which you can agree with or not. Postal service in Germany is just as effed up as everywhere else. People stealing, packages get "lost", destroyed, or resend to someone else. But also, once the package leaves germany, it is up to the US post to take care, isn't it?

btw - may I ask what 45 that was? German heatery or was the seller just located here?

It was a Honey and the Bees 45. Nothing local.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

you go baller and get an OG "Love Addict"? The strut needs to know!

you go baller and get an OG "Love Addict"? The strut needs to know!

Naw - "You Never Know". Personally, I like "Baby, Do That Thing" more than "Love Addict".

• The German postal services are horrible. I have no idea why it takes them so long to ship stuff overseas. My packages usually take a month to arrive. It used to be much faster. I guess it's because they are now working with the DHL company.

8 usd for a 45 sound reasonable. Always tell German sellers to send LPs as MAXIBRIEF (maxi letters). Sending LPs as packages would be way too expensive.

It's been 4-5 weeks now and the 45 hasn't shown up. Here's the thing: the seller gets good feedback so I don't think he tried to screw me on this. That said, I'm still out nearly $50 and I have no record to show for it. He's emailed me to ask how I think we should handle this and I'm inclined to ask for a full refund. Is that reasonable under the circumstances?