anyone peep this youtube/cnn democrat debate?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
i like the format.

Comments

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Yeah, I thought most of the questions were pretty good. I hope they do this again. The Republican one is in September, right?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Two things : all candidates should be answering the questions. Might be boring, but that's a better way to test their views and toughts (and to see who's boring then). Second, Hilary is an asshole.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Second, Hilary is an asshole.

why do you think so?

here are some thoughts on the debate and the format:

- seeing youtube videos was entertaining (sometimes) but distracting from the seriousness of the issues. i think cnn is to blame because they chose from 3,000 videos. the result was an insult to everyone's intelligence. the goal of this format should have been to show common people with serious problems and concerns. not some lame ass snowman talking about the environment or some bootleg actors dressed up like hillbillies from Tennesse. is that how we want history to remember us? lets get serious at a time when thousands of americans are dying in iraq.

- anderson cooper is a joke. he dropped the ball on countless questions where everyone in america wanted to know how more than just 1 or 2 candidates felt on an issue (for example, is Obama for gay marriage? or hillary? we only heard from kucinech and edwards). only on the dumbest question of the night did he ask all the candidates. his follow up questions were also way too obvious. he was like the opposite of "i gotcha" questioning.

- SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS SO IMPRESSIVE ABOUT OBAMA??????????? Last night, imo, he was one of the weakest candidates, in terms of expressing himself and making forceful arguments. Biden, Gravel and Kucinech were the exact opposite. You knew exactly were they stood on every issue, they didnt pull any punches. Biden was on fire.

- Edwards and Hillary are too conservative for me on many issues, but I think they have the best shot at winning, and both, imo, are leaps and bounds ahead of Obama....who is only slightly more liberal than Hillary, and to the right of Edwards on issues like Healthcare and Poverty. Even where I disagree with Hillary, I see her point of view, and believe her sincerity. The same goes for Edwards, except I think it was obvious that he doesnt really believe gay marriage should be outlawed. Edwards though, of the 3, will push for the most change for low income people. Did Obama even talk about poverty last night?

- If there was a winner it was either Biden or Hillary. Biden was forceful and looked like he would rip bush a new asshole. Hillary was a leader and the only candidate who spoke on behalf of all democrats. Nobody questioned her when she did so, and that shows that they respect her.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    "but a top spokesman was reportedly overheard denouncing the incident as ???despicable.???

what is that, tripple hearsay? and how does this guy know there were 200,000 calls made to the DNC.