SF: Matt Africa sighting!

djstefdjstef 534 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I ran into him at the swanky yet organic Jack Falstaff yesterday. He is alive and well and wanting to DJ again soon. (That's not Matt, btw.)

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Be on the lookout for me and Mr. Africa's new CD dropping REAL SOON...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

• Props to Mongo_Slade

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Is his last name really Africa? My wife and I used to be so confused listening to him on KALX with Bennie B.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Is his last name really Africa? My wife and I used to be so confused listening to him on KALX with Bennie B.

matt africa to the homies and Mr. Matthew Africa when he's playing lawyer... i gotta call him right now... thanks for reminding me with this thread...

• haha i know her bird call

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

haha i know her bird call

shut the fuck up dude, you don't know any girls! Especially cute ones. You probally just seen her around at King of Thai on Taraval a couple of times and gave her a half-assed "head nod" once.

NO GAME HAVING MOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK

• Is his last name really Africa? My wife and I used to be so confused listening to him on KALX with Bennie B.

matt africa to the homies and Mr. Matthew Africa when he's playing lawyer... i gotta call him right now... thanks for reminding me with this thread...

Wow, I visit Soulstrut for the first time in like a year and there's a post about me. And it's nice, too. Bay love is so good. Thanks, Stef, Cos, Urrs, Justin, etc.

And Justin's mostly right-- I actually prefer Matthew all the time and have since about '95, but folks I met before then are grandfathered in.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Who has a tape of the show on KALX where me, beni b and Matt Africa are cutting up raer records? Anyone? It was from like 95 or 96. I got it on video but not an actual audio tape.

• Maybe Beni. I have pretty much every show since '98 on cassette, but not much prior to that.

• Options

Who's the guy on the right? I have afeeling I've seen him in Toronto before. I think I may know this Matthew Africa person.

Kevin in Canada.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

Who's the guy on the right? I have afeeling I've seen him in Toronto before. I think I may know this Matthew Africa person.

Kevin in Canada.

DJ Eleven

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Mongo Slade lives... damn.

• the dude abides.

cos, what's up with the dreidel avatar? are you a friend of dorothy?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's that new street slang...

"A 'friend' of Dorothy..."

Yo I'll give you a call on the way to the gig in about an hour or so.

• Options

That's that new street slang...

"A 'friend' of Dorothy..."

Ever see this book?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    hahaha no sween, what's that? long island bbq manual?

• Options
    hahaha no sween, what's that? long island bbq manual?

Hahaha, nah but when I saw the book at my girl's friends house I half-expected to see "includes mix cd by DJ Cosmo".

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    hahahah... yeah.