Attn "World" DJs - gig related ($)

ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I am booking some DJs for a world music fest in Bloomington Indiana from September 27th-30th. Its a pretty big festival and real well known amongst the "world" music crowd. Are there any DJs here that would be interested in flexing their collection or have any recommendations?There is pay/hotel/food involved so get at me...

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I feel like I am becoming one of these. Is that a good thing? I got references if you need

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Hey man, well up for this dude, I've sent you a PM!!

peace.

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    It doesn't have to be "world" music at all. It can be whatever, they just don't want anything domestic. Raer Foreign Braeks and what not, dub reggae, afrobeat, really whatever. I am not really part of the whole festival but some people elected myself to find the DJs.

Last year it was Balkan Beat Box and Curamin.

The fest usually closes off a couple blocks downtown and the DJ tent will involve a lot of people dancing.

check out www.lotusfest.org if you want.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    hey... i'd be all about coming with the middle eastern fire. holla: dr_delay at hotmail

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Ive sent you a PM as well, I am also less than a days drive from there

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Dude, I'd be up for a Canadian set. You know, Triumph, Loverboy, Brian Adams and of course, Crash Test Dummies. PM for details and scheduling.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I'm interested and will PM.
    I'll be DJing a "world" set (actually a few sets) on Day Two of this year's Virgin Festival in Baltimore:
    http://www.virginfestival.com/2007/index.html
    I'm not listed on the site yet (bastards) but I'll be on the Green Stage. Gonna be a mix of Rio, Kingston, Havana and Lagos.

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    How about a set highlighting local (Indiana) Funk & Soul!!! Might even be able to stretch a 20 min. set out of Bloomington Funk & Soul!!!

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    Bloomington Funk and Soul???

If you got it, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks to everyone for responding so fast, I tried to get back to most of you this morning.

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    Bloomington Funk and Soul???

If you got it, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks to everyone for responding so fast, I tried to get back to most of you this morning.

Believe it or not, there is a few records out there...IU Soul Revue, Caroline Peyton, etc.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I would play everything from Thai, Russian, Australian, UK, Japanese, Taiwanese, Indian, French... just go ALL OUT with the Worldly raers

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

I can vouch for this dude (as can many others), you will not be disappointed

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

thanks dude! How are ya, havent heard from ya in while...still holdin down the Fort? Anything going on DJ wise? I emailed Brian about doing a last night at the Wreck before it shuts down, but never heard back from him.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

thanks dude! How are ya, havent heard from ya in while...still holdin down the Fort? Anything going on DJ wise? I emailed Brian about doing a last night at the Wreck before it shuts down, but never heard back from him.

Doing well, still holding the Fort down. I was doing a regular thing at the Torch before it was torn down. Played at their new club downtown, cool place, bad clientel, I afraid that place is too far gone. Been playing infrequently in Austin, had a monthly going of garage and soul, a lot of fun.All the good spots around here are going away, sad.
    Let me know if you roll through, you should play at the Wreck before it becomes a memory. How's Memphis treating ya?