I WON THE THROWBACK OF THE DAY on HOT 97!

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I don't even know what I won.I been listening to the Throwback At Noon with DJ Mister Cee for years. It's one of the few things that I make a concerted effort to listen to on a regular basis. I finally got through and won. Mister Cee is by far one of the illest DJs in the world.The throwback was "King Kut" by Word of Mouth feat. DJ Cheese

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    haha that's tight. I often try to call but after a couple of busy signals I usually give up.

THEM SHITS IS MAD EASY SON

• Options
    haha that's tight. I often try to call but after a couple of busy signals I usually give up.

THEM SHITS IS MAD EASY SON

YES!! I've tried so many times to win that thing from the truck, I always feel like I'm losing to some office worker with the quick google access and speed-dial phone. Every time: "Pffft, motherfucker googled that shit".

Congrats Empananandamn, you're gonna be RICH!!!!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

I need to celebrate!

They asked me where I'm from, and I told them Texas. WHUT?!

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    yo son, by all accounts, your Texas citenzenship has been revoked.

you sold out, god.

b/w

CONGRATS!! Take me to Crif Dogs.

• Options

I need to celebrate!

They asked me where I'm from, and I told them Texas. WHUT?!

Let me know if you need a good financial advisor and accountant. SoulstrutLegal can point you in the direction of the appropriate representation to help guide you through your upcoming windfall.

I'm not one of us who's toting a New York driver's license. My shit reads, "Odessa, Texas"
    Not that I know how to drive anyways...

Crif Dogs for everyone. Or if you're nice, the PDT.

I wish people were around to hoist me on their shoulders and yell three cheers & "HIP-HOP HOORAY!"

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    yeah.. me neither.

Houston, TX all day.. been expired for months. fuckit.

• congrats on that. i love that show too. seems like cee is always kinda beefing with fat man scoop though. I've heard them sound like a couple of bickering middle schoolers more than a couple times.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    congrats brent!

old school at noon has always been good but cee has been extra on-point as of late. his hip house / "club classics" sets from last week were great. he was playing EVERYTHING, shouting out newark NJ and talking about DJing with just blaze at skate rinks.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    congrats brent!

old school at noon has always been good but cee has been extra on-point as of late. his hip house / "club classics" sets from last week were great. he was playing EVERYTHING, shouting out newark NJ and talking about DJing with just blaze at skate rinks.

Yeah I heard a few of those. Sick shit.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    "King Kut" is my shit. Congrats dude, my tuner still isn't hooked up, haven't had the proper chance to enjoy the finery of NY hip-hop radio.

Yeah dude! I was bugging the fuck out on last week's shows. I wish I would've recorded them. Talking about how Jus' Blaze when he went as DJ Blaze, playing house joints at the skating rink. Cee played some crazy house track that was produced by Bobby Konders, pulling his tam and showing his "roots".

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    "I am a resident of Texas who recently came into a large sum of money through a contest in New York, now I need your help to get this money out of New York ...."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    finery of NY hip-hop radio.

• Options
    Yeah dude! I was bugging the fuck out on last week's shows. I wish I would've recorded them. Talking about how Jus' Blaze when he went as DJ Blaze, playing house joints at the skating rink. Cee played some crazy house track that was produced by Bobby Konders, pulling his tam and showing his "roots".

The Bobby Konders record was probably "The Poem". He had some other house tracks too, but I think that's his most well known.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the vocals were by mutabaruka, I think konders jacked it from somewhere. There is a deep remix of it that came out in the late 90's that was quite good.

http://www.33rpm.com/index.php?page=detail&id=3213