Found $300 in a record today

meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
split it with a co worker. FUCK YES

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    That's good, instant karma.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Who knew that Jonah Jones' "I Dig Chicks!" was actually a $300.01 record?

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    karma for the stick up kids a month back.
    it all works out.

enjoy...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    karma for the stick up kids a month back.
    it all works out.

enjoy...

^^^first thing I thought of

props!

• NICE!

I once bought maybe 5 or 6 crates of disco singles from this dude. Every week I'd stop by his place and he'd sell me a crate. He told me that he used to stash $100 bills in his records so that his brother couldn't find them. I went through every sleeve and never found anything. I think dude was fucking with me.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I have thought of hiding money in record sleeves but don't because of stories like this.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Went to Dunk N Donuts this morning. Total was $4.50. I handed him a 20 and got 20 back!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Went to Dunk N Donuts this morning. Total was $4.50. I handed him a 20 and got 20 back!

you didn't give that money back, Raj? That's just plain evil.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

you didn't give that money back, Raj? That's just plain evil.

Yeah man that is shady. I never would take money like that. If I found it on the street that's a different story... that Dunkin dude might get fired behind that.

Phill I was down in Philly today scoping homes, holmes... :schittcooketh:

• You moving down this way, Jonny? South of where I live in West Philly seems like a decent place to buy right now...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    We shall see. My fiance and I are just starting to look at buying something and New York prices are scaring us clear out of town. 1-br condo in Williamsburg for $600k NO THANK YOU

She likes Philly a lot.

• The city could use another good shop...

• chrischris 287 Posts
    a local shop here in chicago found $4300 in an ella fitzgerald sleeve recently.

• Four years ago I bought a set of Mozart's Letters as well as John Burroughs' book on Walt Whitman (the first book on Whitman ever published -this was the early 1870s) from an on-line auction house in Cleveland called ewolf. I found two grand in the Mozart set and the book on Walt Whitman was signed by him under his frontispiece picture.

That was a good day.

• dang dude thats awesome.

Has anyone here gone back through their collection after the fact? Im thinking about giving it a quick run through.

• a local shop here in chicago found $4300 in an ella fitzgerald sleeve recently.

how does one fit that kinda cash in a record sleeve????

I never found $, but I did pull an awesome letter dated from 1957 out of a great Italian crooner lp. The letter was from one very Italian woman in florida writing to her cousin in Brooklyn. She talked among other endless gossip about having to go to court (again) to testify about this or that and what a nusance it was. had me laughing out loud. straight sopranos business.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i last found some quite nasty photos of pretty unattractive jamaican women in compromising poses in some reggae lp's. they were quite disturbing to be honest and were discarded.

i did find a recipe for carrot cake which was hand-illustrated in a Family of Percussion record once. i believe it is still there. i should use it.

oh and pulled a bag of weed out of a record sleeve once and informed the record dealer who's place i was at about it and he thanked me profusely. "BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT!"

oh yes... also once found a gun hidden under a stack of records in a basement of a shop. the owner assured me it was only a stun gun. "FOR THA RATS!!!! YOU kNOW?"" i didn't press the matter.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    a local shop here in chicago found $4300 in an ella fitzgerald sleeve recently.

Record was stored without a sleeve, but is in VG+ condition with occasional money scuffs

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Four years ago I bought a set of Mozart's Letters as well as John Burroughs' book on Walt Whitman (the first book on Whitman ever published -this was the early 1870s) from an on-line auction house in Cleveland called ewolf. I found two grand in the Mozart set and the book on Walt Whitman was signed by him under his frontispiece picture.

That was a good day.

Whole Nutha Level.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Once when crossing back into the states from Canada I hid a couple of hits of acid in a sleeve. My friend bugged out though and I had to toss them out the window.
    That is all.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    The city could use another good shop...

You aint lying...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    oh and pulled a bag of weed out of a record sleeve once and informed the record dealer who's place i was at about it and he thanked me profusely. "BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT!"

I too once found a bag of weed in a record. It was crushed flat in a gatefold and looked quite old but we smoked it anyhow.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Four years ago I bought a set of Mozart's Letters as well as John Burroughs' book on Walt Whitman (the first book on Whitman ever published -this was the early 1870s) from an on-line auction house in Cleveland called ewolf. I found two grand in the Mozart set and the book on Walt Whitman was signed by him under his frontispiece picture.

That was a good day.

Whole Nutha Level.

I found a $100 in a first english edition of Jules Verne's "The Children of Captain Grant" which is also singed by Gen. Abner Doubleday but I remember someone told me his signature isnt really worth anything, which in restrospect I find hard to believe because baseball stuff goes for such high $$$ and he was the "founder" of baseball.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    We shall see. My fiance and I are just starting to look at buying something and New York prices are scaring us clear out of town. 1-br condo in Williamsburg for $600k NO THANK YOU

She likes Philly a lot.

Not to dissuade you from Philly but my wife and I just put money down on a 2 bedroom co-op in Kensington (a block from Prospect Park), 1400 s/f for $325,000 + $425 maintenance monthly. We looked at listings on and off for 2 1/2 years though.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Once when crossing back into the states from Canada I hid a couple of hits of acid in a sleeve. My friend bugged out though and I had to toss them out the window.
    That is all.

Whichever Plastikman LP with the insert done up like a sheet of Acid got someone arrested for a little while making a similar cross border crossing, although it could have been across state lines.