NEW RICH HARRISON i guess SONG ID?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
hey, anybody hear the clip of the recent Kanye interview where he answers Beans' comments about 'Ye's style of dress? I don't care about that, but I want to know what the song is that's playing right before the interview starts. Sounds like typical Rich Harrison style chick-singing-over Meters / Eddie Bo drumbreaks.... definitely the type of thing that will bore your average strutter, but i want to know what the song is. The chick (may be Amerie but don't really sound like her to me... she's not any better of a singer, whoever she is) is singing "i remember when you used to looooove... me" on the hook... anybody hip to this? is this some old schitt that i just never heard or even possibly forgot about? (i'm old... these things can happen) If you know let me know.i'll post the clip if it is

Comments

• Not Faith Evans is it?? She has an older track with that kinda hook... i remember the way.... you used to love me.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Not Faith Evans is it?? She has an older track with that kinda hook... i remember the way.... you used to love me.

nah, this is different

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    is it amerie over kool&theGang ("Hate2loveyou")? That one is not produced by Rich Harrison I believe...but still I would enjoy it on a loud 12" pressing...

here it is...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2780992fb73cee/

may have to download it, it won't play on the z-share player for me... dunno why

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    jeez, at times it sounds like mary j, and other times it sounds like an older woman.

• Thats a brain freezer if i've ever heard one.. none of the lyrics come up under any google search so

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    here it is...

may have to download it, it won't play on the z-share player for me... dunno why

when the chorus comes in

this schitt really sounds like i heard it before (talkin bout the whole song, not the breakbeat they're using)... i can't place it though. i'm guessing it is indeed a new Amerie cut but she's growling a lil more than usual maybee??

no, thats def not amerie.

• other songs hint at a Mary J. Blige influence that will serve Amerie well as she struts her way toward serious musician status.

^^Words used to describe her 2002 debut, it may very well be an older song of hers or a newer one.. i'm not so familiar with her entire body of work. Although i'd like to be familier with her entire body at work!!

• tecatetecate 73 Posts
    that's new mary j

that's new mary j

wowwww thats a really different sound for mary

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    here it is...

when the chorus comes in

Seriously, how are heads gonna front on Kanye behind this shit?

I don't understand it.

• and Chaka Khan...

songs called "Disrespectful"

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    The beat reminds me of that Crusaders one on the Pass The Plate[/b] album.

and Chaka Khan...

songs called "Disrespectful"

ahaa.
    i was pretty spot on!

• dayday 9,612 Posts

the magic of the internet

Here's the full MJB/Chaka track:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xscppn

anybody google up info on if the producer is actually r. harrison?

Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis did it

• dayday 9,612 Posts

!!![/b]

• Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis did it

!!![/b]

Quite a step up from the work with janet jackson, pretty hot i remember they also did No More Drama... which was equally nice.

• The internuts says Jimmy & Jam produced the album but there is no information to specifically indicate that they produced the said track in question.

The internuts says Jimmy & Jam produced the album but there is no information to specifically indicate that they produced the said track in question.

You're suggesting that they didn't produce the song, a bit of "ghost producing" involved? The song will be on the album they produced, so I'm not sure what you're looking for. Do you feel it was done by someone else?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

It's funny the way Jam and Lewis have managed to keep themselves in the game. They had that incredible hot streak right through the 80's, and although they were a little less consistent during the 90's, they were still getting hits. Even though they're less original nowadays, and are often just reworking another producer's ideas, they can still come out with something dope. Proof, if it were needed, that class is permanent.

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
    The internuts says Jimmy & Jam produced the album but there is no information to specifically indicate that they produced the said track in question.

You're suggesting that they didn't produce the song, a bit of "ghost producing" involved? The song will be on the album they produced, so I'm not sure what you're looking for. Do you feel it was done by someone else?

Like they produced "Got til It's Gone" right?

yeah, you know they didn't actually make the beat... i would assume just produced in the Puffy or Dr. Dre sense

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

yeah, you know they didn't actually make the beat... i would assume just produced in the Puffy or Dr. Dre sense

Jay Dee was supposedly the real creator behind that, right? Is that a fact or a rumour?

Jay Dee was supposedly the real creator behind that, right? Is that a fact or a rumour?

fact

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

fact

infact, he produced some more stuff that was credited to q-tip - i heard.