Your Netflix At Home List

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Getting Happiness, Croupier and Seconds tomorrow.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Arrested Development Season 3, Disc 1
    Arrested Development Season 3, Disc 2
    Everything Is Illuminated

The first two I'm rewatching. They really stopped caring about the censors and just went balls to the wall when they knew they were being cancelled, and it's some of the funniest TV I've ever seen. I'm just finishing the novel Everything Is Illuminated, so I'd like to see how the film translated the novel (no pun intended). I don't see how it could be that good, but that doesn't mean it won't be an enjoyable film.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Planet Earth Disk 2
    Children of Men

The new watch online feature is great too. They don't have a lot up yet, but they do have some very good docs.

• The 400 Blows, Newtons dark Secrets: Nova

• DustbusterDustbuster 278 Posts
    The Devil and Daniel Johnston
    Ace In The Hole
    Louis CK - Shameless

I've only seen Shameless and it's one of the best stand-ups I've seen in years.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

The first two I'm rewatching. They really stopped caring about the censors storyline, emotion and character development and just went balls to the wall when they knew they were being cancelled

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

The first two I'm rewatching. They really stopped caring about the censors storyline, emotion and character development and just went balls to the wall when they knew they were being cancelled

sadly, there is truth in what noz says. i still love that show more than any other show ever.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Brother Minister: Malcolm X
    Swimming to Cambodia
    Wo Hu: Operation Undercover

I can't argue that. It seems like they sacrificed those elements to be able to craft more elaborately clever jokes, though, which as an approach has its own merits.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

The new watch online feature is great too. They don't have a lot up yet, but they do have some very good docs.

99% of what they have is crap. I only watched The Office and Supersize Me on it.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Rosemary's Baby
    Dragnet '67: Season 1: Disc 1
    The Best of the Original Avengers: Vol. 1

99% of what they have is crap. I only watched The Office and Supersize Me on it.

I haven't tried this yet. What's the loading time/video quality, etc.?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I haven't tried this yet. What's the loading time/video quality, etc.?

Quality is like VHS. The faster your connection the better the quality. Movies begin within 30 seconds usually. In most cases they play through fine. I wish they had more TV shows so I could watch them at work.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

1% includes the Roky Erickson doc, and a few other good docs as well.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    i have 5-at-a-time service.
    right now
    Extras Season One Disc 1
    Extras Season One Disc 2
    Life In The Undergrowth Disc 1
    The Station Agent
    Wet Hot American Summer

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance
    Moog
    Freaks and Geeks, disc 6