Azymuth S/T reisssue

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I don't expect to find an affordable original anytime soon, so I'm thinking of grabbing the recent reissue on Far Out. Did anyone here cop it? Did they do a fair job with the remastering and packaging?

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    they only sent me the cd reissue but it sounds nice.
    how much does the original go for these days?

• dayday 9,612 Posts

I bought mine a few years ago for $75. Not sure what the going rate now is though.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

I bought mine a few years ago for $75. Not sure what the going rate now is though.

that sounds like a bargain!

I saw it on the wall at a shop in toronto for $300 .. that was early last year though

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    the cd is pretty sick. I think you can download a copy of the CD high bit, at justintyme's sight. I think thats the name, or you might find a link from Loronix.

of course I have a mint OG of my own.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    the cd is pretty sick. I think you can download a copy of the CD high bit, at justintyme's sight. I think thats the name, or you might find a link from Loronix.

I was looking at the CD issues, but it looks like it's just the original album tracks lumped together with a bunch of remixes I'm not interested in. Plus I'd rather buy the vinyl if it's nicely done.

What about the 4 tracks from the 7" EP? Did they ever get reissued somehow?

And isn't there a US pressing of the debut LP? On Passport Records or some shit?

i think one of them is on one of the som livre telenovela lps

• I got sent the new remastered CD on Far Out and tested it against an old, possibly bootleg, CD I have that's the first two albums on one CD. sounded exactly the same.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Joe Davis, the owner of Far Out, is very tight with the Azymuth boys....he's produced some of their later work.

I'm sure the label will have done a stellar job.

• the cd is pretty sick. I think you can download a copy of the CD high bit, at justintyme's sight. I think thats the name, or you might find a link from Loronix.

I was looking at the CD issues, but it looks like it's just the original album tracks lumped together with a bunch of remixes I'm not interested in. Plus I'd rather buy the vinyl if it's nicely done.

What about the 4 tracks from the 7" EP? Did they ever get reissued somehow?

And isn't there a US pressing of the debut LP? On Passport Records or some shit?

At my knowledge, there is not US pressing of their debut lp ; but a french one exists with a different sleeve (not gatefold), a great quality pressing with a clear and loud sound !! That came out in the 80's, but it's hard to find too.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    At my knowledge, there is not US pressing of their debut lp ; but a french one exists with a different sleeve (not gatefold), a great quality pressing with a clear and loud sound !! That came out in the 80's, but it's hard to find too.

Ah, ok. I remembered that a friend of mine used to have an issue of it that wasn't the original Som Livre press, but I couldn't recall the cover or label. What label did it come out on?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Joe Davis, the owner of Far Out, is very tight with the Azymuth boys....he's produced some of their later work.

I'm sure the label will have done a stellar job.

that`s the thing. i never listened the vinyl but i doubt that joe would be satisfied with an OK result. farout never dissapoints, very nice gents. azymuth have done quite some stuff on farout (some very nice remixes, give them a try, you might like em).
    also, the cover of the cd is pretty nice. some more info than on an LP i guess.
    still, if i`d find the original i`d buy it instantly. but 300$? dont think thats the average rate. seems rather high.

4 hero - star chasers (azymuth remix)

• It came out on the french label Opus, under the title "early days". Birds sleeve.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Why in the shit is the original 7" so damn hard to find? I've never even seen one, nor do I know anyone who has one. I don't even think I've ever even seen it for sale on the internet before. Shit on a shingle. I'm talking about the one with Toque De Quica...for those who are confused.

• There was a vinyl pressing in mid 90s - not gatefold - but the sound quality is fine.

$300 is way over the odds for an OG. Should be around half that - tops.

Think the 7"s are hard to find as there's not been so much a market for them as there has been LPS. When Joe Davis and the "London Jazz Mafia" were buying up Brazilian over 20 years ago- it was always LPs. So that's been the foundation of the collectors market.

Brazilan sevens = cool as f*** ! - all small centres and play at 33rpm...plus loads of dope non-lp cuts. Its the way forward.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    There was a vinyl pressing in mid 90s - not gatefold - but the sound quality is fine.

$300 is way over the odds for an OG. Should be around half that - tops.

Think the 7"s are hard to find as there's not been so much a market for them as there has been LPS. When Joe Davis and the "London Jazz Mafia" were buying up Brazilian over 20 years ago- it was always LPs. So that's been the foundation of the collectors market.

Brazilan sevens = cool as f*** ! - all small centres and play at 33rpm...plus loads of dope non-lp cuts. Its the way forward.

YOu know what Azimuth related 7" I NEED IN MY LIFE???

" Os Gatos - Fly "

GOOD god is that track a smoker. Does anyone have info on that one? From what I understand Azimuth was the band but please drop the knowledge if you got it.

i like some of the stuff on the azymuth marcos valle lp, not fubulous fitzipaldi, but the one with the keyboard in space on the cover. it used to be really cheap but recently shot up along with everything of marcos valle's