Web Hosting

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Those of you with websites what's good on the hosting. I have been using powweb for years and it fucking sucks. I don't think my site does that much traffic, its not soulstrut or anything, but shit crawls pretty regularly. any suggestions for an affordable alternative?

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yo, check out Surpass Hosting. Asprin recommended them to me on the strength of his experience (vanguardsquad, etc.) and I've been pretty happy with the price and service so far.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Not Mediacatch.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Also, not Server4U, unless you just want cheap + no tech support.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    sectorlink.com

DO IT NOW!

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    bluehost.com

Hey Noz,

The customer service is on point and there are lots of extras. I'm very satisfied with what we get. It's about 90$/a year or so and you get 300 GB of storage and 3000 GB/mo of site transfer. Though i'm sure you get many more daily hits than we do, I run a couple of domains through that one hosting plan with no problem. Let me know if you need any other info, but most of it is on the site.

I have a referral code and info if you need.
    referral code

PS-i'm surprised you've had problems with powweb. many folks actually recommended powweb to me when we were looking for hosting. good to know.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Still using http://www.lunarpages.com/ for the blog which is reasonably cheap and hassle free (though I did get my first warning about sharing copyrighted files the other day ).

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    3ix.org
    $88 a year for unlimited bandwidth 700Gb space unlimited domains.

good tech support had no major issues with them.

Much cheaper if you only have one site, though I tend to host a lot of my friends various sites and charge them $10 a year .