I Got Down With Laserwolf's Wife

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
On Sunday, her incredibly moving Iraq Names Project wended its way into my neighborhood. My family went out to help honor the fallen. As of July 14th, 1001 of the fallen have be honored. Nancy has covered over 3mi during the course of this project. She is planning to go right past my front door on Monroe St. sometime within the next week or so. If you'd like to get involved let me know or contact her at the above link.Nancy, Pete and DrWu with DrWu Jr. (aka Ike). Pete is a Vietnam Era veteran who worked in a burn ward during that conflict. When I asked him how he got involved, he said, "I am so goddamn angry and this is very soothing.". My daughter, Kathe, gets her chalk on. Isaac and a long list of names.Took this photo of Isaac getting his drink on as we were leaving and later was reminded of this 80s poster classic, Sandinista guerrilla nursing her child.

Comments

• Sorry, unrelated, but your kids are so cute it hurts!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Jason these photos are great. Can I steal them for my flickr page and Iraq Names Project blog?

Portland people, the project is on NE Morris near MLK heading toward Dawson Park. Stop by and help.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Please do I have more that I will upload. I plan on being there Wed and Friday morning. Maybe you could bring that Celestine Ukwu by so I can check it out. I'd love to have you over for some nosh and a chat. If you guys need a restroom, you can come over too. I just sent out a email to all the neighbors, proposing that we have lunch with you on Sat or Sunday and help chalk. More later.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Today I got out of the car in front of my friend's house where Nancy ended the Names Project today. The last name written was "Wisdom". It felt like God reached down and punched me in the face. Too heavy for words.