Beat Thread

2»

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Ako, you gots that hotness. The new versions dope, but the hihats and snare drum need to come up in the mix. ahhh choooo

the drums were louder in the original version, this was a stylistic choice. the more i work on beats the more i realize a lot of shit was better left alone, so i kinda try to go for a more toned down sound lately...although i did raise them VERY slightly after this comment. hahaha

i appreciate the kind words from you and everybody though, keeping me motivated! thanks dudes. lots of nice shit in this thread, glad to be able to hear some shit from you guys again. oh how i missed the internet.

p.s. i apologize for how bassy my clip is...i mixed it on headphones and damn did i make a mistake.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    Ako, you gots that hotness. The new versions dope, but the hihats and snare drum need to come up in the mix. ahhh choooo

the drums were louder in the original version, this was a stylistic choice. the more i work on beats the more i realize a lot of shit was better left alone, so i kinda try to go for a more toned down sound lately...although i did raise them VERY slightly after this comment. hahaha

i appreciate the kind words from you and everybody though, keeping me motivated! thanks dudes. lots of nice shit in this thread, glad to be able to hear some shit from you guys again. oh how i missed the internet.

p.s. i apologize for how bassy my clip is...i mixed it on headphones and damn did i make a mistake.

youre making me want to start making more beats again.. good stuff

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Rock out with your cock out

why no comments yet, this beat is nice!

those kicks are crazy dude!

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Good shit everyone. This one now has an MC and some other changes but heres the rough sketch unedited (I have no internet on my music computer):

This one is mad old

• doomdoom 305 Posts

heavy!

• ericeric 155 Posts
    www.myspace.com/infinitskillsrecords

Real Things[/b] by Louis
    Beat Tape early 2007[/b] by me

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Push

On some other shit. Peeeep it.

Danger Boys. I??m lovin it. What stuff do you use? Are the drums sampled or live or synths or what?

- J

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Push

On some other shit. Peeeep it.

Danger Boys. I??m lovin it. What stuff do you use? Are the drums sampled or live or synths or what?

- J

Thanks!

Kick/Snare are sampled, with some synth hi hat and slight layered synth kick/snare stuff going on.

Everything else on the tracks are from various keyboards/virtual instruments, save for me and my rappers vocals, obviously. All through Pro Tools LE. For the bass on Dangerboys I used Yellowtools Majestic, Run through some distortion. Most realistic bass i can ever imagine getting out of a keyboard.

Thanks for checking it out, duder.

• nutriciousnutricious 118 Posts
    some unmixed, unarranged sketches:

interplanetary

fly

brutaldub