ex girlfriend stealing your record collection

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
what would you do if it happened to you?would you be able to forgive?

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    beat her ass.

Or hire someone to do it.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    what would you do if it happened to you?

would you be able to forgive?

Has this actually happened? How big a collection are we talking about?

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I did have a girlfriend attack and destroy a lot of my music once. Luckily, she went for the CDs.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

a couple weeks ago actually, she stole a "stack" I had hanging out in my room

sad thing is homegirl works at a record store around here and I had to call into her job and report that she may be trying to sell back items she stole from me

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

a couple weeks ago actually, she stole a "stack" I had hanging out in my room

sad thing is homegirl works at a record store around here and I had to call into her job and report that she may be trying to sell back items she stole from me

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    beat her ass.

Hi El*s*

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

LEARN HEADGAMES.

That's what I had to do to get my records back from someone. Pretend I still loved her, and that we needed to talk about things. I told her that there was no way I could take her seriously when she was doing something as immature as holding my records over my head as a bargaining tool. I told her to meet me at my crib with my shit, so we could both be on a level playing field, and talk like adults. When she showed up with my records I was faking the funk for a minute, then she saw some new girl's phone number written on a piece of paper next to my turntables. She started to flip, and at that moment I told her to get the fuck out, and proceeded to rub it in her face that I got my shit back.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    dude, that sucks. I hope it wasn't from that crate next to your record shelves.....that was like consistant heatrocks for days.
    How many we talking here, 2,4, or more?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i've only had girlfriends give me their records.... thats love for the sake of love....

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dude, that sucks. I hope it wasn't from that crate next to your record shelves.....that was like consistant heatrocks for days.

what up C****,

you know that couch I had near my shelves? I had a stack of about 20-40 LP's leaned against it. While I ws out with you at roscoes talking about all that trying to stay by jer side stuff is when she pulled her little move.

I don't exactly remember what was in that specific pile, but the good thing is every record I've wanted to listen to in the last couple weeks has still been in the house, so I'm thinking that pile was mostly doubles and other things to sell.

It's really awkward when I go by her job now. But, you know what the situation was, theres actually a lot of sympathy on my part for what she's doing to herself but still...ain't nobody supposed to fuck with a record nerds vinyl; some shit is sacred

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

what up C****,

you know that couch I had near my shelves? I had a stack of about 20-40 LP's leaned against it. While I ws out with you at roscoes talking about all that trying to stay by jer side stuff is when she pulled her little move.

I don't exactly remember what was in that specific pile, but the good thing is every record I've wanted to listen to in the last couple weeks has still been in the house, so I'm thinking that pile was mostly doubles and other things to sell.

It's really awkward when I go by her job now. But, you know what the situation was, theres actually a lot of sympathy on my part for what she's doing to herself but still...ain't nobody supposed to fuck with a record nerds vinyl; some shit is sacred

Where does she work?

I think we should all call her to tell her never to fuck with a man's record collection.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    My imaginary ex-gf took my copy of Sun Goddess!!!

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    NEVER let a crazy women near your shit!!!!!!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    My imaginary ex-gf took my copy of Sun Goddess!!!

and then left me for a lesbian.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    beat her ass.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    beat her ass.

Hi El*s*

Hi J*wb**c*

When I first saw this thread I thought of this

You should put shit in her coffee so she gets the scoots.

• You(or someone else) better check her ass. Fuck that bullshit..for real.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    the last time i broke up
    the x-gf threw a few down the stairs at me

her aim was off & they were commons

sorry for your loss

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    SHIT, you all here should know!! You never let your lover near your record collection in the first place. Unless they understand the value of them or they're a collector themselves. My g/f knows how I feel about my collection so we have no problems.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    damn j-bacca,

sounds like you're not having the best luck with women. what a weird dilemma having to shop at a record store where your thieving ex girlfriend works. must say you are probably the ONLY person in the country (world?) who has this problem.

girls stealing records is nothing new. i've had my BROTHER'S girlfriend steal records from me. mostly it was because his dumbass left them at her house. then they broke up. who loses out but poor old moi. he actually made out when they broke up, such a bitch...oy vey. i attempted emailing his ex/ art hooker girlfriend of his and she hasn't replied. she likes to steal peoples ideas for art projects while listening to other peoples stolen taste. i would love to push her in the ocean after fitting her in a concrete fanny pack.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You never let your lover near your record collection in the first place.

You guys scare me sometimes.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    damn j-bacca,

sounds like you're not having the best luck with women. what a weird dilemma having to shop at a record store where your thieving ex girlfriend works. must say you are probably the ONLY person in the country (world?) who has this problem.

girls stealing records is nothing new. i've had my BROTHER'S girlfriend steal records from me. mostly it was because his dumbass left them at her house. then they broke up. who loses out but poor old moi. he actually made out when they broke up, such a bitch...oy vey. i attempted emailing his ex/ art hooker girlfriend of his and she hasn't replied. she likes to steal peoples ideas for art projects while listening to other peoples stolen taste. i would love to push her in the ocean after fitting her in a concrete fanny pack.

well in all fairness to the girl she is going through quite a bit and I've tried my best to stand by her side, I started this thread asking if you could forgive your (former) significant other doing that knowing who my audience on this site was.

Yeah I'm upset that homegirl would pull such a move but at the same time I'm trying to exercise some sort of understanding as to where her mind is at. I've got a message or two on this site from people on here who know her and I really don't want to push her further down in her fragile state. I'm asking the moderators to delete this thread cause it will most likely get back to her (if it hasn't already)

but don't get it wrong, I'm still mad as hell that I got jacked for my raers

if there is a lesson in all this its keep all your potential argument spots far far away from your record spots, things will only go bad if the two mix.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You never let your lover near your record collection in the first place.

You guys scare me sometimes.

uh...Sometimes?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

but don't get it wrong, I'm still mad as hell that I got jacked for my raers

exactly, I'm sorry if I come off like a bitch right now, but she deserves it. She's a thief.

Karma's a bitch. You gots to learn somehow and sometime.

You did your homework, no reason for someone to steal your homework. Thats childs play.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    you still haven't emailed me.

funkmosphere was outta control!!! a good way to get your mind off of ex girlfriends. at the very least funkmo was a headbangers ball of boogie jams.

hope your girl didn't steal that aura lp.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    ain't nobody supposed to fuck with a record nerds vinyl; some shit is sacred

• When I broke up with my last girlfriend the first thing I did was put a padlock set up on the door of the record room until she moved all of her stuff out. Then I changed all the locks.

I did give her all the records I had bought for her/she picked up along the way back. I found almost all of them at a local shop about six months later (except for the Aylers and Betty Davis LPs - shit!) and re-bought them for myself.

Sorry to hear about the situation - I'm sure when love goes sideways for the comic book guys their raers get tooken too though.

SONIC

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    My ex stole two crates from me and proceeded to remove the records from their sleeves and STAPLE the covers on her bedroom wall, like some sort of fucked up trophies. I got them all back by rushing past her while she was calling the cops. Fortunately she didn't have any of my heat, but its the principle of it. That shit was wrong.

Oh and then she tried to tell me later that I told her she could staple the record covers to the walls. What a dumb bitch.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    My ex stole two crates from me and proceeded to remove the records from their sleeves and STAPLE the covers on her bedroom wall, like some sort of fucked up trophies. I got them all back by rushing past her while she was calling the cops. Fortunately she didn't have any of my heat, but its the principle of it. That shit was wrong.

Oh and then she tried to tell me later that I told her she could staple the record covers to the walls. What a dumb bitch.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I'm sure when love goes sideways for the comic book guys their raers get tooken too though.

SONIC

The Comic Book guy only has to worry about his Mom getting pissed at him!!