panic attacks

2»

Comments

• jonblackjonblack 55 Posts
    ugh,
    i feel your pain.
    i suffer pretty badly from an anxiety disorder.
    i have had 2 REALLY bad attacks, 1 was more like a nervous breakdown/heart attack/general meltdown.
    and that single episode still effects (affects?) me to this day.
    i suffer mild anxiety attacks OFTEN.
    and some (most!) days i am in a constant state of mild anxiety.

i do all the breathing things etc and have hit the natural pills.
    they help a bit (placebo effect probably).
    i am trying to stay away from prescription drugs as I have seen them do some pretty bad things to friends, and i KNOW i would like them too much.

pot:
    not for years

amphetamines (e, speed, coke etc...):
    lots for a while, certainly was one of the main factors in triggering my first symptoms. Got the hell off them at the first sign of anxiety/panic attacks and have stayed away for more than 3 years now.

booze:
    often. sometimes just to guarantee a good nights sleep, numbing of my symptoms. can turn the next day into a living hell though, 50% of the time.

in my totally uneducated opinion, my problems come from work, stress, some minor (but nagging) ex gf issues...
    and living right in town for 3 years certainly hasn???t helped
    (noise, claustrophobia and agoraphobia! yes, i???m a mess!).

me and my girl have just found a place in the country, near beaches and rivers, and we have no neighbours to speak of, and have total privacy.
    I know this is going to make a huge difference to my ???head health???.
    cant wait.

sometimes what it takes is having a REALLY GOOD LOOK at your life and being REALLY honest about the things that trouble you.
    good place to start anyway.

peace.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I hate how easy it is to dwell on certain things when its totally not necessary.

i dwell a LOT.

are you still in cedar rapids or whatever? i cant remember which town it was, but if it IS cedar rapids, i go to the thrift stores out there a lot now...once every couple of weeks, found lots of records at the goodwill last time.

i'm getting better at not dwelling on shit so much, but still it gets me baaad.

yep, i still live up here. there's been a lot of stuff coming out of the basements lately at the goodwills. got a friend who works at the one by westdale mall, he keeps tabs on records and other shit anyone might be interested in. got my bandanna collection going now hahaha.

i met bobby from record collector a few weeks back, pretty cool guy. he said he knows you. maybe we should meet up sometime when you come up here or if i go down there, send me a PM sometime if you feel like it.