Which Rapp ALBUM would you like to see "Deluxed"

13»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Most of the 2" master reels for chronic 2001 are sitting up on the shelf in the mic locker of the studio I work at. The owners have tried to throw them out a couple times now. Also on that shelf is the whole dre produced king t album that never came out.

Fuck man get in there quick and back them shits upsave that shit yourself.

i dunno, they are really heavy and i kinda dont have room for em all. they are safe where they are at for now. There are probably protools masters that dre has anyways. mabye not for the king t album though. I might take the next episode one. I think theres a version up there with rakim on it. that might be cool.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Most of the 2" master reels for chronic 2001 are sitting up on the shelf in the mic locker of the studio I work at. The owners have tried to throw them out a couple times now. Also on that shelf is the whole dre produced king t album that never came out.

i dunno, they are really heavy and i kinda dont have room for em all. they are safe where they are at for now. There are probably protools masters that dre has anyways. mabye not for the king t album though. I might take the next episode one. I think theres a version up there with rakim on it. that might be cool.

It was definitely a facemelt the first time ii found them in the back of the mic locker though. Alot of studios used to keep a tape room that was for archiving shit. But since the era of protools and external hard drives, (not to mention stuff getting leaked on the internet) studios all have the policy that you are responsible for your own materials. Consequently theres alot of old tapes getting trashed all the time.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Steal 'em all and let eBay sort 'em out.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mecca & The Soul Brother/All Souled Out EP w/ B-sides/videos/and extras.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    THEY aslo did the first couple kool g raps and critical beatdown as well!

i'd like to see 36 chambers, with some good quality demos and remixes. deluxes are the shit.
    But the most important thing would be that they press it up on 2LP cuz the sound quality is just way too gritty and all on that 1LP. Same goes for Black Sheep's debut LP, Intoxicated Demons & Street Level (this one is straight up unplayable on loud systems it sounds low as f*ck and real unclear).

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I actually wanna see Ras Kass Soul On Ice. in my mindgarden it would include all the demo versions that didn't make sample clearance, the pre-LP single won't catch me running and a medley of the KMEL freestyles (including the one talmbout when he sticks in/his dick in/he batters more skins that fried chicken...).

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Freestyle Fellowship - To Whom It May Concern, double LP.

• Did anybody check that double cd of Ed OGs "life of a kid in the ghetto - rarities and demos" out?

Peace,

Dress

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Did anybody check that double cd of Ed OGs "life of a kid in the ghetto - rarities and demos" out?

Not that i really thought it should be "upped" in the first place.

• Options
    Black Sheep's "A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"

with a liner book about who really produced the album.

and all the b-sides and remixes and the unreleased stuff.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    Cool V's Tribute To Scratchin remix with the Michael Jackson samples

This has appeared on one of the Best-Ofs - the european one I think.

i need to hear this.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Cool V's Tribute To Scratchin remix with the Michael Jackson samples

This has appeared on one of the Best-Ofs - the european one I think.

i need to hear this.

this?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts

indeed. thanks!

btw, i just got the Payroll comp and it's off the hook! recommended.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

indeed. thanks!

btw, i just got the Payroll comp and it's off the hook! recommended.

Wow. Long overdue.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Dude, labels cant even keep track of the masters for half the shit they're trying to release next quarter, The sad truth is there really is no "vault" and most of it is just lost to time.

Case in point, most of the 2" master reels for chronic 2001 are sitting up on the shelf in the mic locker of the studio I work at. The owners have tried to throw them out a couple times now. Also on that shelf is the whole dre produced king t album that never came out.

but the other thing is that its probably for the best. I recently heard some motown masters that got dragged back through protools for people to sample from. Everyone was real exited until you hear how shitty the individual tracks sound. When you take something old and apply all these modern mixing techniques you will almost certainly lose the magic of the original. Mastering is different. But i wouldnt want to see any album that i grew up really enjoying getting a new "mix", Especially not wu tang. a crystal clean version of 36 chambers sounds cringeworthy.

I agree, and that's the sad part, because we all know that if and when someone does go through any existing multi-tracks, all vocal tracks will be run through the T-Pain plug-in, or at least someone will want to do a remix and improve Erick Sermon's vocals in "So What Cha Sayin'".

If soul and funk were not archived well (at least outside of major labels), I could only wonder about the disappointments that lurk within hip-hop. I'd like to think that someone's mom has the multi-tracks of certain songs and/or mixes that were discussed but never released, but of course these things were rarely (if ever) discussed.

Mama, what is this say called 3 Feet High rough draft?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Ice Cube - Death Certificate.