How often do you cry?

2»

Comments

• Every time I hit the "refresh" button.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Every time I hit the "refresh" button.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings, Op. 11

Peep his (First) Essay for Orchestra, Op. 12

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i let shit build up, so when i cry, i fucking SOBBBB

maybe once every two months or so. depends on my situation.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    A good cry would be nice, but I don't know if I have it in me anymore. I think the world just slowly kills off your humanity, until you're kinda like a shell with no feelings.

• A good cry would be nice, but I don't know if I have it in me anymore. I think the world just slowly kills off your humanity, until you're kinda like a shell with no feelings.

And then you get the THOUSAND YARD STARE.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Co-sign on falling apart during movies. Also, if I get really really angry it comes out in tears. Doesn't help if you're trying to make a point. Anything that has to do with hurt animals, I am bawling. I broke down in the Portugese bakery in my neighbourhood a while ago because they were showing abused circus animals on the TVs; it was some Euro sattelite station and it was pretty graphic.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Last time was 9/8/97 while performing a eulogy at a funeral.

I'm a non-crying, cold hearted bastard.

Some years back while my wife and kids were crying during an episode of "ER" I told them to turn it off and go down to the Children's Medical Center ICU if they wanted something to REALLY cry about.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Last time was 9/8/97 while performing a eulogy at a funeral.

I'm a non-crying, cold hearted bastard.

Some years back while my wife and kids were crying during an episode of "ER" I told them to turn it off and go down to the Children's Medical Center ICU if they wanted something to REALLY cry about.

Yikes! And yet, some part of me agrees with that statement.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    A good cry would be nice, but I don't know if I have it in me anymore. I think the world just slowly kills off your humanity, until you're kinda like a shell with no feelings.

Haz, take a trip to India. American life is a muted, subdued existence even at it's most sensual times. A trip that pushes the contrast boundaries, where the poor are really truly POOR, where spicy food is SPICY, where sweet food is SWEET, where bright colors are BRIGHT, and so on - can be enough to reset those feelings and get your life right.

Sometimes I feel like really living life is found within those juxtapositions and contrasts.

And for the record, when I was watching the Beatles Love show with my mom and my pregnant wife and they did Blackbird I lost it.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I had to wiki this!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_yard_stare

I thought of you the other day while watching Joint Security Area.

peace

h

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I went through some hard times in my late teens (who didn't, right?), and as a result I got inured or something and just wasn't able to cry for the first half of my twenties -- even during funerals and intense times like that. But it felt terrible, because I still got extremely sad and just wasn't able to let it out very well.

Over the past few years that problem's gone away. I probably cry a few times a year from real life, and the emotional shit in documentaries often causes me to well up if not outright cry -- When the Levees Broke, Maxed Out, and Sicko being recent examples.

• A good cry would be nice, but I don't know if I have it in me anymore. I think the world just slowly kills off your humanity, until you're kinda like a shell with no feelings.

I had to wiki this!

I thought of you the other day while watching Joint Security Area.

peace

h

Ha... I was hoping somebody would have to wiki that!

JSA is a rad movie. I freaking love that movie.

I know people here have seen Shiri, which is one of my top 10 movies ever. Well, you know the bench that they are sitting on at the end? Listening to the walkman and stuff? Well... I sat on that bench. Its on an island called Jejudo and it was right outside of my hotel room. Its actually called the "Shiri Bench" and there is a little plaque there and everything. I was so stoked, I kept telling everybody I knew, but nobody cared. Surely somebody has to care, right? I can't be the only person that thinks that is awesome. I even got my picture there looking sad.

Here is the bench:

Here is the sign:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Nice to see you're as much of a "soft touch" in real life as
    you are on the internet ... the wife and kids get no quarter either

• crying = a personal white whale, hoping to find a copy asap

Haz, take a trip to India. American life is a muted, subdued existence even at it's most sensual times. A trip that pushes the contrast boundaries, where the poor are really truly POOR, where spicy food is SPICY, where sweet food is SWEET, where bright colors are BRIGHT, and so on - can be enough to reset those feelings and get your life right.

Sometimes I feel like really living life is found within those juxtapositions and contrasts.

And for the record, when I was watching the Beatles Love show with my mom and my pregnant wife and they did Blackbird I lost it.

this is good advice thes (i think i need to follow it). i don't cry too often, maybe a couple times a year.

i also experienced some things a few years ago that i think prevented me from crying for a while (my mom was in a brief coma - she made it out thankfully - and she is doing well now) but that whole ordeal, along with getting into a big fight with my ex and first true love when i got back from greece (the same summer) kinda desensitized me for a minute.

last month, i cried at my great aunt's funeral mainly because i saw my parents cry and they make some kind of comment alluding to the fact that they and their generation is next (greek funerals are dramatic).

i ALMOST cried at the end of "the lives of others" when i saw it last month w/ my girl. i was tearing up but i don't think she noticed...btw that movie was really good imo.

No fake Internet persona here.....you'll see in October when you get to tell me how annoying I am to my face.

Oh......I cry everytime I see Dumbo's Mommy being taken away on the train.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    every time i masturbate

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

No fake Internet persona here.....you'll see in October when you get to tell me how annoying I am to my face.

Oh......I cry everytime I see Dumbo's Mommy being taken away on the train.

Why don't you turn it off, and go to a REAL CIRUCS if you want something to REALLY cry about, elephant boy.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    confession, and i feel no shame:

I was listening to Side B of The Faces- Oh, La, La...just chilling on the couch, breeze blowing through the curtains, listening to cars drive by, watching a ballgame on mute.

It gets to 'Glad and Sorry,' and I just started BAWLING MY EYES OUT. Goddamn, I just started crying so fucking hard...damn. Man. it felt so good.

theres a missing piece of puzzle here - you didnt explain WHY this song strikes such a nerve. why does it?

(im not saying it SHOULDNT, im just wondering)

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    confession, and i feel no shame:

I was listening to Side B of The Faces- Oh, La, La...just chilling on the couch, breeze blowing through the curtains, listening to cars drive by, watching a ballgame on mute.

It gets to 'Glad and Sorry,' and I just started BAWLING MY EYES OUT. Goddamn, I just started crying so fucking hard...damn. Man. it felt so good.

theres a missing piece of puzzle here - you didnt explain WHY this song strikes such a nerve. why does it?

(im not saying it SHOULDNT, im just wondering)

I think it was just the right song at the right moment...its a beautiful little song. One I put on a few mix tapes, etc. Just an old favorite.

I do have one good story about it, though, that may have been in my mind subconciously, but I wasn't thinking about it as I recall.

My sister was a senior in College, and I went to her dance recital. Now, i'm not one who has ever really been a fan of modern dance. I like dancing at the club myself, but watching it ain't my thing. And, this day was no different, really. Some nice things, a few attractive girls in leotards, but nothing that made me rethink my life...

...Until this one particular girl came out, and did a duet to that song. When I first heard the piano, I figured I was skeptical- how was this song open to dancing?

Well, whatever emotion there was to find in movement based on 'Glad and Sorry,' this girl found it. Watching her...it was one of the most beautiful things I'd ever seen. I feel bad for the man she was dancing with, because he was so much stagebound window dressing. This young woman was the definition of captivating.. Such emotion, grace, feminine strenght- jesus. It was an incredible artistic performance. watching her I couldn't help but think- "This girl has found the one thing she was put on earth to do. She was BORN to do this..."

Wherever she is now, I hope she is still dancing, because she moved me more than any dancer ever has.

Wherever she is now, I hope she is still dancing, because she moved me more than any dancer ever has.