RAPP Albums youve never listened to..

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Short fat sally the human beat breath, brutal oldschool diss record. Both tracks feature dj cash money

The Human Beat Breath......

What Year?

• I've just spent 6 hours with a spreadsheet and scientific
    calculator, and can positively say that I have only listened
    to 8.7% of all rap ... with a give/take allowance of 1.5%

*laugh*

Sayin - I'm sure if Obscure Addict had to look at a list of all the hip-hop that's ever been available, his 85% mark would have a decimal point added in there somewhere. His rap collection seems smaller than mine (based on his own estimations of how many he owns) and I can guarantee that if I've even heard 25% of all the hip-hop that's ever come out, that'd be fucking incredible.

People just need to respect that there has been an unfathomable amount of hip-hop released.

hahhaha! my collection is smaller than your's??? this is not a pissing contest fool, how did you come up with that whopper of a retarded statement that your collection is greater. That puts me saying i know 85% of hiphop to shame, and oh i'll stand by that my friend.... you don't even know.

• Short fat sally the human beat breath, brutal oldschool diss record. Both tracks feature dj cash money

The Human Beat Breath......

What Year?

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Haha, this guy reminds of that 99Crates guy or whatever he was called...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've just spent 6 hours with a spreadsheet and scientific
    calculator, and can positively say that I have only listened
    to 8.7% of all rap ... with a give/take allowance of 1.5%

*laugh*

Sayin - I'm sure if Obscure Addict had to look at a list of all the hip-hop that's ever been available, his 85% mark would have a decimal point added in there somewhere. His rap collection seems smaller than mine (based on his own estimations of how many he owns) and I can guarantee that if I've even heard 25% of all the hip-hop that's ever come out, that'd be fucking incredible.

People just need to respect that there has been an unfathomable amount of hip-hop released.

hahhaha! my collection is smaller than your's??? this is not a pissing contest fool, how did you come up with that whopper of a retarded statement that your collection is greater. That puts me saying i know 85% of hiphop to shame, and oh i'll stand by that my friend.... you don't even know.

Uh, I do know. You posted a picture. You said that was 1/4 of your 12" collection. Based on that estimate, I'd say I have more 12"s than you. It's not a pissing contest - personally, I don't think my collection is really that impressive, size-wise. However, if your pic of your collection is vaguely accurate than I really doubt that means you've reached anywhere near "85%".

Look man - I don't know why you have such a hard time admitting, "ok, maybe I overestimated." That's all the rest of us are trying to suggest.

If you insist on sticking to your 85% claim, then prepared to be unceasingly ridiculed.

I should add, even if your 12" collection was twice the size of what you previously estimated, 85% would still be impossible.

Yeah, that's right. Impossible. I don't care if Phill Most Chill made the same claim.

• Haha, this guy reminds of that 99Crates guy or whatever he was called...

Yeah and some of u guys remind me of people who think they know strangers on an internet board. anyway i don't have to explain who i am and how deep my musical appreciation for hiphop goes.. post up some tracks that i don't know or your collection is weak.

If anything it's gonna be some local highschool private press or whatever, I never said i knew every homeboy who cut a rap and got it pressed on vinyl or mastered on a tape.

It's like that Get Loose Crew bullshit lp/ep from canada... who gives a shit about that bull. I saw some other guy who posted in the selling section here about some other local joint forget the name... but who cares about that either..

If you want to put me up on acts like Rusty The Toejammer & Larry D.. i'm down for getting schooled cause like i said i don't know everything... but until you step to me with something i don't know my statement stands.

for spanky the illSON, i'm dissregarding all beef, cause im relaxin sparkin the leaf

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    post up some tracks that i don't know or your collection is weak.

Surely if i posted up 1000 tracks at random from my collection that you already knew it wouldn't mean my collection is weak because you'd have those same records right?

Dude,

No one is claiming you don't have deep crates or that you're unknowledgable. The issue is whether any person - you and otherwise - could claim to have heard the vast majority of all hip-hop ever released. I'm not talking about private press/demo shit. I'm talking about regional hip-hop that never had national distribution which would include a lot of acts who never dropped stuff on vinyl but did have stuff on CD or cassette.

You're making it sound like we're saying, "you don't know shit." I didn't imply that. I'm saying, "you can't possibly know 85%. No one can."

but until you step to me with something i don't know my statement stands.

Do have/heard The Treacherous Three Anniversary w/ The Cold Crush Four Live @ Harlem World?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    To help myself wrap my mind around 85 %, I started thinking about what that would mean in relation to other ish. Like, I did my degree in Russian literature & I would consider myself to be well read in that field. If I'd ask myself what percentage of lit from Russia that I've read, tho, I think it would have to be a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of 1 %. If I had to guess, I say that I've heard 0.5 % of all rap lp's ever released. I dunno. There needs to be a formula to help resolve questions of a statistical nature concerning rap.

• but until you step to me with something i don't know my statement stands.

Do have/heard The Treacherous Three Anniversary w/ The Cold Crush Four Live @ Harlem World?

mmmm might not have, my live performance shows are all mixed up in my mind.. i'd prob have to hear the specific one your talking about, i may have it without any ID tag.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

To help myself wrap my mind around 85 %, I started thinking about what that would mean in relation to other ish. Like, I did my degree in Russian literature & I would consider myself to be well read in that field. If I'd ask myself what percentage of lit from Russia that I've read, tho, I think it would have to be a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of 1 %. If I had to guess, I say that I've heard 0.5 % of all rap lp's ever released. I dunno. There needs to be a formula to help resolve questions of a statistical nature concerning rap.

The question is: how much hip-hop has been released each year and I'm certain no one's done that kind of accounting. The only way someone could claim to have heard .85, 8.5 or 85% would be on the basis of counting up their collection and then comparing that against the aggregate number.

So let's just put aside the fact that Obscure's claim is pretty outrageous independent of the ability to actually verify it. The fact remains: it's unverifiable given the lack of data.

In all fairness, I can't say, for a fact, he's wrong. But nor can he, for a fact, claim he's right. I do think it's pretty notable that NO ONE else thinks 85% is remotely possible.

• To help myself wrap my mind around 85 %, I started thinking about what that would mean in relation to other ish. Like, I did my degree in Russian literature & I would consider myself to be well read in that field. If I'd ask myself what percentage of lit from Russia that I've read, tho, I think it would have to be a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of 1 %. If I had to guess, I say that I've heard 0.5 % of all rap lp's ever released. I dunno. There needs to be a formula to help resolve questions of a statistical nature concerning rap.

If 500 million rap cd's came out best believe i heard most of them cept the 75 million i either had no intrest in hearing or are unknown to me yet.

Put it this way, If it came out on a major or semi major label i prob heard it, 90s indie music hands down i have heard nearly everything ever pressed to vinyl. Southern rap would be where i started to flake off... do i really care about the kids making mix cds with some local dj that would = big mike naaah of course hundreds of thousands i would'nt even pay no mind to.

Yeah i may have slightly overstated a number... but not off by very far considering i listen to/collect and live hiphop since i was a young'n.

THESE are the kinda rap joints i would have missed.. and if someone wants to school me like i said.. i'm the first person willing to get knowledge dropped on me.

most likey you've never seen these 2 cds and both are decent.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I prob have something like 50 local artist cd's from ct. alone that we're never seen outside of the tri-state, so.. yes i understand what your saying.

Its just cant be done.

Mixtape/regional Promos/Regional wax/Local EXP tapes.

Shiiiiiiaaat. How many muthafuckas peddle their selfmade CD in front of Fat Beats.
    I saw Kurtis Blow doin this last year w/ his new shit.
    All the party tapes made in the 80's. All the various mixtaped done by various DJ in the last 25 years.
    I cant even speak on Private pressings.....
    How mach trash used(still does) come w/ the Record pool game.
    The MySpace game.

Who that fuck cares how much youve listened to. If your taste is wack, it dont mean shit to me.

Who that fuck cares how much youve listened to. If your taste is wack, it dont mean shit to me.

And there it is.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

The question is: how much hip-hop has been released each year and I'm certain no one's done that kind of accounting. The only way someone could claim to have heard .85, 8.5 or 85% would be on the basis of counting up their collection and then comparing that against the aggregate number.

So let's just put aside the fact that Obscure's claim is pretty outrageous independent of the ability to actually verify it. The fact remains: it's unverifiable given the lack of data.

In all fairness, I can't say, for a fact, he's wrong. But nor can he, for a fact, claim he's right. I do think it's pretty notable that NO ONE else thinks 85% is remotely possible.

I'd go so far as to say that I've heard 50 % of all the rap music that I'd enjoy hearing. There's a lot of stuff that I couldn't bear to sit through. That's one thing that would make me doubt the 85 % statement. You would have to listen to sooooo many bad albums to hit even 5 %. And then talk about the time involved to actually sit down & listen to each album in full. I remember reading an interview or something with DJ Shadow where he professed a desire to collect every rap recording ever. There may have even been a thread about it on here. Does anyone else remember that or am I confusing him with that guy who claimed to own every song ever made?

I'd go so far as to say that I've heard 50 % of all the rap music that I'd enjoy hearing. There's a lot of stuff that I couldn't bear to sit through. That's one thing that would make me doubt the 85 % statement. You would have to listen to sooooo many bad albums to hit even 5 %. And then talk about the time involved to actually sit down & listen to each album in full. I remember reading an interview or something with DJ Shadow where he professed a desire to collect every rap recording ever. There may have even been a thread about it on here. Does anyone else remember that or am I confusing him with that guy who claimed to own every song ever made?

This also raises the issue b/t COLLECTING every rap song ever recorded vs. LISTENING to every rap song ever recorded. Shit, I'd be amazed if I've listened to over half of my collection of hip-hop.

• Who that fuck cares how much youve listened to. If your taste is wack, it dont mean shit to me.

And there it is.

I don't know who cares, apparently sir spanky... here's one for the newjack dj shadow fans.

this track = HARD AS fawwwwk fresh for 91

If 500 million rap cd's came out best believe i heard most of them cept the 75 million i either had no intrest in hearing or are unknown to me yet.

Put it this way, If it came out on a major or semi major label i prob heard it, 90s indie music hands down i have heard nearly everything ever pressed to vinyl. Southern rap would be where i started to flake off... do i really care about the kids making mix cds with some local dj that would = big mike naaah of course hundreds of thousands i would'nt even pay no mind to.

Yeah i may have slightly overstated a number... but not off by very far considering i listen to/collect and live hiphop since i was a young'n.

THESE are the kinda rap joints i would have missed.. and if someone wants to school me like i said.. i'm the first person willing to get knowledge dropped on me.

most likey you've never seen these 2 cds and both are decent.

I prob have something like 50 local artist cd's from ct. alone that we're never seen outside of the tri-state, so.. yes i understand what your saying.

CT Hip Hop.....

But a Kid Capri OG mixtape is real Hip Hop.
    DITC out the trunk is local exp Hip Hop
    Too Short out the trunk is local Exp Hip Hop
    Master P out the Trunk is real deal shit

I don't know who cares, apparently sir spanky...

Uh. Amnesia case?

What the hell we're you peeps bumping during the entire 90s decade?? I'm proud to say that i've heard at least 85% of all hiphop ever released.

Video Pleez..

And did they literally record this in jail or did they get to record in some studio van or somethin'.
    Ive always wanted to know how "real" this was.

• I don't know who cares, apparently sir spanky...

Uh. Amnesia case?

What the hell we're you peeps bumping during the entire 90s decade?? I'm proud to say that i've heard at least 85% of all hiphop ever released.

No your confused.. he said who cares how many albums you've listened to, and i said obviously you do, what i was asking is what the hell we're people here playing in the 90s not to EVER hear Nas Illmatic or the other gems posted in this thread.

Most of ya'll must have been knockin the NOFX & VOODOO GLOW SKULLS

Shit, I'd be amazed if I've listened to over half of my collection of hip-hop.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    90s indie music hands down i have heard nearly everything ever pressed to vinyl.

• Video Pleez..

And did they literally record this in jail or did they get to record in some studio van or somethin'.
    Ive always wanted to know how "real" this was.

I don't know if was recorded in jail, but it's def keepin it real! damn i luv hiphop did i meantion that yet...

Ok this thread needs to start poppin with sick 90s tracks.

OA....U got this?

• yes i have a bootleg of the bootleg laying around somewheres.... i actually have a lot of live sets done by chemist,shadow & ztrip if anyone wants some i can dig them up someday.

yes i have a bootleg of the bootleg laying around somewheres....

so u dont have the interviews?

• nah i dont recall any interviews with the joint i had.