RAPP Albums youve never listened to..

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I don't own hardly anything from the south.. cept outkast, goodie mob, the usual bullshit.. but i've HEARD most of it all, i'm talking about most all major labels, local if someone i knew, knew them or knew someone who knew them..

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    also 85% of rap doesn't exist on vinyl or mp3.

Cassette single, right?

And where's the caps lock? I liked the angry noz.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    OH

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    That is a lot of warped records in that picture there.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

That was the first thing I thought when I saw them stacked like that.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

First thing I thought too.

And this...

Hah, i wish obscure rap still existed

...is one of the craziest things I've ever heard a collector say.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Well, it does get harder to find things that get you amped when you have a lot of records. That's where I doff my cap to guys like Chr!s, RD, Sureshot La Rock. They just keep digging deeper & deeper.

• NOZ i got you, all im sayin is not much has slipped by me unlike a lot of these guys who i guess did not grow up hiphop, my ears have heard most everything from either my own collection or a lot of other friendly guys, collectors, beatdiggin heads, mp3 junkies or whoever i've met in the past 14 years during my adventures via life.. If someone did not play it for me or i never found it, yeah that is the other percent of hiphop.. i'm down to put together the freddy fresh book for 90s indie labels. Basically my knowledge of hiphop would destory what i know about funk, soul, jazz, blues, fusion.. and all that.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

That's where I doff my cap to guys like Chr!s, RD, Sureshot La Rock. They just keep digging deeper & deeper.

This is exactly what I found silly about the comment. It's the most obscure stuff that's still left to be discovered.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    For Obscure Addict, here's a seldom heard Beatnuts produced joint for Lucien (Of Luck Of Lucien fame). Its a medely of 3 tracks. I really like the one that kicks in around 2:00 minutes.

• I never said nothing was left to be discovered.. damn, simply im on some shit that people dont know about... as well as other people are up on records i dont know about. On that note i still have something like 500 sealed or mint spares that i kept during early/mid 90s. That was a serious time for me in the actual buying of hiphop vinyl and copping 5 or 6 copies of most.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    For Obscure Addict, here's a seldom heard Beatnuts produced joint for Lucien (Of Luck Of Lucien fame). Its a medely of 3 tracks. I really like the one that kicks in around 2:00 minutes.

That was not produced by the Beatnuts but by Lucien himself. By the way : it's not exactly obscure, Lucien probably has a gold plaque for this record on his cell's wall.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

That was not produced by the Beatnuts but by Lucien himself. By the way : it's not exactly obscure, Lucien probably has a gold plaque for this record on his cell's wall.

My bad, I remember the album giving production credits to the beatnuts on this one, but I could be wrong.

*Actually, I think I first heard this on french mixtape of beatnuts "classics". Maybe it was included because he was connected to the crew?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Slurg,

Is this off the Les Cool Sesssions LP? Or something else?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I've never listened to any lp from these current SS favs:
    Clipse
    Young Jeezy
    Lil Wayne
    The Game

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ive never sat down w/

Too $hort's early catalog.
    I only own Born To Mack,Gettin It, and heard Get In Where You Fit In.

I'd like to sit down w/ some Esham and other early Detroit Hip Hop

And the T.I album w/ You Dont Know Me....my friend brought it over and I wasnt feelin it.
    I like both of the last two. And I need to Return to it.......New Thread.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Slurg,

Is this off the Les Cool Sesssions LP? Or something else?

Its from Les Cool Sessions, but I have it on a different french comp, too

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've just spent 6 hours with a spreadsheet and scientific
    calculator, and can positively say that I have only listened
    to 8.7% of all rap ... with a give/take allowance of 1.5%

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I've never listened to any lp from these current SS favs:
    Clipse
    Young Jeezy
    Lil Wayne
    The Game

The Game is most certainly not a SS fave. That shit is too real for these fools.

• I've just spent 6 hours with a spreadsheet and scientific

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

an acquired taste, Fauxy.

As someone who wasn't raised on this sound, the first time I listened to this record (1999) I thought it was great - and took to it immediately.

Not at all implying that I suspect it's a bad album. As I understand it, the theme of the thread is conspicuous gaps in what you've listened to; there are, after all, a million albums that I have never heard that aren't worth talking about. This is one of the ones that I keep meaning to check out, but haven't gotten to yet, though.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Obscure Addict, I see you got that Munk Wit Da Funk jawn on MP3. Do you have anything else from Illadelph encoded as MP3?

• Nada just the i blame my neighborhood 12, i had couple other joints munk/militant mind part 1/exercize/bottom line but did not like them enough to dub. I have never seen anything else on illadelph except those four.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    One of these day's I should encode the entire catalog.

• Short fat sally the human beat breath, brutal oldschool diss record. Both tracks feature dj cash money

• this thread saddens me.
    Tell me about it...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    some people seem to like impressive percentages, so i'll go ahead and say

i guarantee i havent even HEARD 99.9999% of the hip-hop out there.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

This guy here deserves nothing less than an elbow drop and his head hit and eatten like turnbuckle by this guy.

That's it? That's all? VAN DAMME! I was hoping for an all out bashing session.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    the blueprint (except HOVA obviously)
    anything by z-ro
    95% of three six mafia's catalog
    anything by 50 cent
    mos def - true magic, the new danger
    anything by talib kewlie
    anything by anyone with "lil" in their name

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've just spent 6 hours with a spreadsheet and scientific

*laugh*

Sayin - I'm sure if Obscure Addict had to look at a list of all the hip-hop that's ever been available, his 85% mark would have a decimal point added in there somewhere. His rap collection seems smaller than mine (based on his own estimations of how many he owns) and I can guarantee that if I've even heard 25% of all the hip-hop that's ever come out, that'd be fucking incredible.

People just need to respect that there has been an unfathomable amount of hip-hop released.