Rome heads ... need some help

EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
hey guys ... i'm in rome for a couple days ... and i wanna buy some cheap gear ... like a sp 303 or a sp 404 som like that ... and if possibly a sound burger ... or some cheap portable record player ... soo ... if anyone knows anything .. or is selling anything ... please holla ... oh and ... puch me if this is too much but a pawn shop would allso help ... rome is nice .. but fuck it's too darn hot .. i'm not built for this kind of heat ! later ! peace !

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

hey guys ... i'm in rome for a couple days ... and i wanna buy some cheap gear ... like a sp 303 or a sp 404 som like that ... and if possibly a sound burger ... or some cheap portable record player ... soo ... if anyone knows anything .. or is selling anything ... please holla ... oh and ... puch me if this is too much but a pawn shop would allso help ...

rome is nice .. but fuck it's too darn hot .. i'm not built for this kind of heat !

later ! peace !

July is not the time to be in Rome, shit all of the Romans leave town in July and August because of the heat. I do remember there being a record store on Via Flaminia near del popolo that had some equipment. I don't know how cheap it would be though. Seems like an odd thing to be looking for in Rome. Go drink some wine in the shade and eat some good food. There is a great deli at the corner of via giambattiste Vicolo & degli Scialoja which is right around the corner from the record store I mentioned. Go get a sandwhich and sit in the park above the popolo.

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    yes ... it is preety odd ... i'm not in for the equipment tough ... but figured i might get lucky since the ideea of getting those accured to me on the plane ... anyway ... thanks for the restaurant tips ... btw ... rome seems to be the only town i feel really confortable in ( from what i've visited soo far ), something about the mood that's just

if anyone has any other ideea please share i'm only gonna be in for 3 more days ...

festivals - concerts - art shows - etc. anything
    heat me up !

later! peaz !

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    yes ... it is preety odd ... i'm not in for the equipment tough ... but figured i might get lucky since the ideea of getting those accured to me on the plane ... anyway ... thanks for the restaurant tips ... btw ... rome seems to be the only town i feel really confortable in ( from what i've visited soo far ), something about the mood that's just

if anyone has any other ideea please share i'm only gonna be in for 3 more days ...

festivals - concerts - art shows - etc. anything
    heat me up !

later! peaz !

What Cousin Larry said. Plus catch a train to the beach. Food and wine are probably good things to go for.

Terracina is a daytrip, or even the island of Ponza is doable. The water's lovely.

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    i have been to ostia ( or something like that ... dunno exactly how it's spelled ) yesterday ... and yes ... it was a daydream ... allso i have visited bagnoregio 2 days ago ... wich was .... yes .. a daydream ....

soo i'm going out to check out some possible record stores ... name a few nice restaurants and parks !

i am staying near the porta furba Metro station ...

PEACE !

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

after rome go to Chieti then to Pescara...

only 2 hours with bus for 15 euro: life there cost half price but you will see as much beauty as the most "spoiled" places in italy .......

trust me

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    shit ... will deffentely do that .. seen some pictures ... !!! damn ...

i coped a 404 today ... for 250 preety happy bout it.
    the bastards forgot to give me the AC adaptor .... geez ...

so i'm off again ... went to a possible record place but it was closed. gotta get moving and check 2 more

later peace!

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Can you give more details about the record stores?
    I might be going there with the family in January, and even though there are loads of better things to be doing with my time there, the family always take time to get out and do stuff in the morning so i could use some record stores to kill time.

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    Disfunzioni Musicali
    Pop, Rock, Jazz, Indie, News, CDs, DVDs; Used And Rarities On Vinyl.
    Via Degli Etruschi, 4
    INFO: 06.4461984
    http://www.disfu.com

Hellnation Music Store
    Punk, Ska, Afro-Funk, Hardcore, Metal On CD And Vinyl; DVDs, Movies, Books, Press, T-Shirts, Pins.
    Via Nomentana, 113
    INFO: 06.44252628
    http://www.hellnation.it

Goodfellas
    CDs, Vinyl, DVDs; Rock, Garage, Punk, Hardcore, From 80???s To Now.
    Circonvallazione Casilina, 44
    INFO: 06.4461984
    http://www.goodfellas.it

Soul Food
    Vinyl And CDs; Surf, Beat, Garage, Punk.
    Via S. Giovanni Laterano 192/194

Metropoli Rock
    Pop, Rock, Used CDs And Vinyl.
    Via Cavour, 72
    INFO: 06.4880443

Pink Moon
    Pop, Rock, News And Used CDs And Vinyl.
    Via Pacinotti, 3C
    INFO: 06.5573868

Transmission
    Used And Rare Rock Records.
    Via Dei Salentini, 27 Centro Storico
    INFO: 06.4470437

One Love
    Reggae, Ragamuffin Vinyl, Equipment For DJs.
    Via Di Porta Labicana
    INFO: 06.44702335

Remix
    Techno, House, Electronica.
    Via Del Fiume, 9
    INFO: 06.36005609

Goody Music
    Hip Hop Vinyl
    Via C. Beccaria 2 ??? Flaminio
    INFO: 06.3610959

Discoteca Laziale
    CDs, DVDs, Vinyl And Videogames.
    Via Mamiani, 66
    INFO: 06.4464277
    http://www.discotecalaziale.com

Art & Music
    Latin-American.
    Via Persico, 78
    INFO: 06.5135389

Archivio Fonografico
    Only Classical Music Records.
    Viale Aventino, 59
    INFO: 06.5741293

Soul Food is cloesd for some reason ... i'm checking most of them today ... i'll let u know wich ones r worth a view ... laterz !

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Thanks man, appreciated!

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    i just got back from a flea market ... porto something ... i forgot the name ... and they had some good records but most of them were like really expensive ... they had colours of chloe for 40E ...
    silent feet for 25E ...
    they were mint ... bust still ... 40E for colours of chloe ... friggin fuck that
    the cheapest shit was 8 euro ... and there were no itallian records ... i found that kinda frustrating since i went there to look for some italian osts ...

oh well ... i got like another 3 - 4 record shops to check tomorow ...

coolest shit was this guy selling a tv for 4 euros. now some guy wants to buy that shit and when he tryes to lift it.. he figures it's to heavy ... so he put's the shit down .. takes out a small knife and unscrews the shit. the tv had no circuits inside ... it was filled with bricks ...

oh and allso this other dude selling a casio sk1 for 2 euros ...

that's all laterz peace !