Weasel Poop Coffee

13»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    CL,

Their drip coffee is shitty as hell too. Ranks worse than McDonalds.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    CL,

If you grind the beans yourself to your own preferred strength, though, it can be quite good. Well, I enjoy it anyway.

CL,

If you grind the beans yourself to your own preferred strength, though, it can be quite good. Well, I enjoy it anyway.

I didn't know anyone who actually bought SB beans.

CL,

I didn't know anyone who actually bought SB beans.

They're better than any other brand I've bought at a supermarket, although I've gotten some better beans at coffee shops. Unfortunately, the shops with the best beans aren't very convenient for me to get to, so I end up with the Starbucks beans. If you grind and brew your own coffee, I'd recommend giving them a try.

GBH,

I can understand going with SB if you're not in a location where you have access to more coffee-friendly resources. As noted: they're everywhere!

Luckily, where I live, there's a slew of places I have as better options to SB.

Luckily, where I live, there's a slew of places I have as better options to SB.

I bet. I'm looking forward to moving at the end of the month to a neighborhood that has a great variety of coffee shops and restaurants. Unfortunately, it's also jammed with college students, but hey--you take the good with the bad, right?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    What makes Starbucks even more pathetic is that in many of their locations now, the "barista" simply pushes a button on a machine to make most of the espresso-based drinks. What part of the game is that?

yeah that's some bullshit.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

saying. I love that major dick....son?

for real though Peet's is that heat. espressos are the strongest there.

"you a long way from fucking Starbucks, homie."

^^^^ I always wanted to ask Dre, like, even in the hood, how is it possible to be that far from a fucking Starbucks these days?

What makes Starbucks even more pathetic is that in many of their locations now, the "barista" simply pushes a button on a machine to make most of the espresso-based drinks. What part of the game is that?

Minimum effort for minimum wage.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

That said, one has to acknowledge how profoundly Starbucks has changed the drinking habits of Americans (if not globally). Coffee/cafe culture is a much different phenom now than when I was a kid at Starbucks has played a major hand in that.

I can't get with how sweet they make their drinks. Its all fucking sugar and you can hardly taste the coffee.

I'm starting to feel SB is one step away from RJ Reynolds. Convincing adults to spend $5-6 a day on a cup not being enough, they pimp sugar-filled drinks/concoctions that rival Baskins & Robins to kids with no shame about it.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

on the contrary, 'baristas' there make better than minimum plus i think they get solid benefits too, making that In&Out money,

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I started this job in January and was drinking watery burnt swill at a chain called Java Joe's for the first few months until this guy at work took me to this place a little further down the street, Fresh Start. Their americanos are amazing - delicious, smooth, foamy on top and strong - the highlight of my mornings. I guess the fact that couriers get their fix there is a good sign, too.

The other day I was so distracted by talking, I tipped the cup and spilled some of it on my pants. A really nice pair of wide leg light gray pants. I swore, the staff behind the counter heard me and then it all turned into ER. They were pointing furiously at their bathroom (I still managed to go into the supply room first) and then there was this mad dash to get me paper towels. I finally emerged with two huge wet spots on the front of my pants and the place, of course, was now PACKED. I only spilled a small amount, but they made me a whole new americano and kept asking me if I was OK and everyone in line was staring and it was all very embarrassing. My co-workers just stood by silently and tired to act like nothing was happening. I think I would have reacted the same way.

PS. My pants are fine!

You should try....

1) Bulldog
    2) Dark Horse
    3) Mercury

those are the general consensus for best coffee here. A lot of the staff work at multiple shops, it's a family atmosphere even if they're competing against each other.

I only put sugar/cream in if it's diner coffee. The good stuff is strictly black.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    I can get with the Moka, thats what I make my doubles with in the morning. I usually use Illy, or Lavazza crema e gusta, which we get for free. If we run out, I'll buy beans and grind. But Bustelo is usually so bitter that I question the roast. Are you using sugar or something with that?

I have a daily drip cup, black, at the office after the AM espresso. It's provided by these folks,http://www.peacecoffee.com/, and its damn good.

At home with the newspaper on the weekends, I grind and make my filtered with a strainer and boiling water. Guests can have the cafetiere, and on occasion I make a cappuccino with the mukka.

Although I try to avoid, I have had Starbucks, and their spawn/competitors, but I'll be damned if it isn't worse than gas-station coffee. If your coffee isn't good black, adding 14 kinds of milk, sugar, whipped cream, and sprinkles isn't going to make it better.

I can get with the Moka, thats what I make my doubles with in the morning. I usually use Illy, or Lavazza crema e gusta, which we get for free. If we run out, I'll buy beans and grind. But Bustelo is usually so bitter that I question the roast. Are you using sugar or something with that?

I have a daily drip cup, black, at the office after the AM espresso. It's provided by these folks,http://www.peacecoffee.com/, and its damn good.

At home with the newspaper on the weekends, I grind and make my filtered with a strainer and boiling water. Guests can have the cafetiere, and on occasion I make a cappuccino with the mukka.

Although I try to avoid, I have had Starbucks, and their spawn/competitors, but I'll be damned if it isn't worse than gas-station coffee. If your coffee isn't good black, adding 14 kinds of milk, sugar, whipped cream, and sprinkles isn't going to make it better.

i do about two heaping tablespoons in the espresso on a low flame, and then just a little milk. At work we have a big miele machine.
    where the coffee is so good i just drink it black.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

well, they get health insurance...thats a perk.

I used to be a barista for many years back in the day, and I had to deal with some real fucking weirdos. And I didn't get good pay, I was 16-18, and to deal with some real fuckholes sucked.

Chicago heads! intelligentsia!!
    If you are a business owner, or not, you can get your own blend of beans, which is pretty cool...

you can get your own blend of beans, which is pretty cool...

You get to make your own pizza.