uh no thanks, send me my record I already paid for

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I bought 200 record lot of 45's on ebay and the guy sent me this message earlier. Did he really think I was going to get into another bid war on a separate lot of records to get one that I had already paid for? WTFever."Hi Bill! I was packaging a purchase for another buyer and found arecord that was suppose to be in your order. The record is BobbyByrd Hang Ups. Some how it missed your box. I am listing anotherlot of 45s shortly, hoping for your bid, in which I could justinclude it. However if you wish for me to send it to you rightaway, I most certainly will. Would you please let me know. Alsoyou might check if you haven't already, that all of the recordsin your purchase are included. Thanks! Rick"

Comments

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    seems like a pretty reasonable dude compared to a lot of other folks.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Agreed.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Probably so, but I just want the record I paid for already. I'll still leave him good feedback, after I get the records.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    seems like a pretty reasonable dude compared to a lot of other folks.

No he doesn't--he sounds incompetent, disingenuous or both.

And he clearly has no business on eBay.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    it's a mistake anyone is liable to make. especially in the case of a bulk order.

i guess he could do this for every bulk order and have a chump here and there agree to bid up his next auction, but when he offers to send out the missing 45 and is courteous in doing so, i think any ebayer [buying or selling] has to have a little sympathy.

now if he fails to come through, black list no doubt

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    What the hell is wrong with you people? He's just being nice. He made a mistake, alerted you about it, advertised his other auctions which you may very well be interested in, and said goodbye.

Next thing you'll be complaining about a $1 extra for shipping.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Next thing you'll be complaining about a $1 extra for shipping.

When is it alright to complain? How about $1.70?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What the hell is wrong with you people? He's just being nice.

No, he's not--he's suggesting offering a record that is no longer his property for sale to the highest bidder.