Freshco and Miz - Unreleased album?

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I just came across this in an old eBay search:
Here's your chance to get music from one of Old School Hip Hop's best combo's ever: Freshco & Miz! You are purchasing 10 "exclusive" un-released songs of the WORLD MC & DJ CHAMPIONS "Freshco & Miz".These CD quality songs are directly from the original DAT tapes and studio pre-mixes! These songs span from 1989 to 1992. Some of these songs were created while Freshco & Miz was on tour with Ice Cube, Too Short, Yo Yo, D-Nice, Kid Rock and Poor Righteous Teachers in 1990. Also, you get never before heard songs from "the No!ze" (Freshco, Miz, Cory and Jiv).The Greatest Flow On Earth - Freshco & Miz: 1989 - 1992[/b]1) N All Dat2) Ya Don't Stop3) Got To Be Real4) How Could A Loser Ever Win?5) 1 Plus 16) Stress7) 4 Ya Staireo8) 100 BPM's Pumped9) F Yall10) Handz In Da Air"ONLY A LIMITED AMOUNT WILL BE SOLD"!
Anyone know what's up with this? I always wondered why they never made a full album.

Comments

• that's freshco selling them himself. I'm bout to grab one but I've heard from people that bought it that it's as good as anything they ever put out.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    that's freshco selling them himself. I'm bout to grab one but I've heard from people that bought it that it's as good as anything they ever put out[/b].

You mean not, or as good? I got some paypal $ to use roight neeyaow

• that's freshco selling them himself. I'm bout to grab one but I've heard from people that bought it that it's as good as anything they ever put out[/b].

? huh. I was saying everyone said it's great.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    that's freshco selling them himself. I'm bout to grab one but I've heard from people that bought it that it's as good as anything they ever put out[/b].

? huh. I was saying everyone said it's great.

Ahh, I thought you left a word out the way it was written. Shit, I'm buying this right now then.

• also.. i just want to say I'm still mad at Haz. I was gonna buy this and somehow he got me to buy a home made wu tang cd from some guy instead.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    he got me to buy a home made wu tang cd from some guy instead.
    the brittish youth soccer team?

• he got me to buy a home made wu tang cd from some guy instead.
    the brittish youth soccer team?

no. I don't know what that is. It was just some home made compilation of early wu stuff that some guy made.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I just bought it. Has anyone on the board heard it?

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    I bought a copy from him.

There's definitely some great cuts on there (a couple as lively as any of his Tommy Boy era tracks) and the later stuff - mid 90's, I'd guess - is cool as well.

Here's a snippet of my favourite track, 'N All Dat'.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    also.. i just want to say I'm still mad at Haz. I was gonna buy this and somehow he got me to buy a home made wu tang cd from some guy instead.

That cd is FYAH!!!!! That posse cut "You're On" is dope. Who knew we'd find it on soulseek 5 minutes after you bought it?

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts

You are purchasing 10 "exclusive"

Damn I got really excited for a minute, cuz I thought it said 10" exclusive...
    I'm not good with CD's...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    What's the name of the song with Freshco rhymin' over the Graham Central Station "The Jam" beat? Is that a solo joint or one with him and Miz? I always dug that schitt

• I bought a copy from him.

There's definitely some great cuts on there (a couple as lively as any of his Tommy Boy era tracks) and the later stuff - mid 90's, I'd guess - is cool as well.

Here's a snippet of my favourite track, 'N All Dat'.

Fresh to death.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    What's the name of the song with Freshco rhymin' over the Graham Central Station "The Jam" beat? Is that a solo joint or one with him and Miz? I always dug that schitt

"Now Ya Know"

http://www.myspace.com/freshcodaflowa
    http://www.myspace.com/djmiz

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

"Now Ya Know"

Yeah. It's on the "We Don't Play"/"Ain't U Freshco" 12.

Freshco's MySpace bio is really interesting--lots of shit I never knew about.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Thanks for posting this Day. I probably wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't. I'm glad to put some money in his hands.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    oh man. this is nice. Thanks Day. copping one right now.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    thanks for the heads up. i just bought one as well.

a heads-up to would-be purchasers:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    thanks for the heads up. i just bought one as well.

a heads-up to would-be purchasers:

That is a lot of handling.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    HEAVY CD'S TAKE LONGER

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yeah, we beat the shipping thing to death at DWG. Freshco seems a bit weird as it is. He's got some motivation speaker gig going & he's also found god. There might be some other stuff from him dropping in the coming months, but other doods here might be better fit to speak on that.

Here's his myspace with the track "Amazing Grace"

http://www.myspace.com/120104425

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Here's a link to his main page:

http://www.shawnconrad.com/bio.html

"In spite of it all, God had bigger and better plans for Shawn. He went on to act in a TV commercial and do a short rap for a Coca-Cola radio commercial."

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Here's a track featuring Jay-z & Freshco doing their best Das Efx impressions. There's also a snippit featuring Biggie tacked on.