Eddie Fisher, RIP

Comments

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    damn. RIP.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    damn, a little while ago, eddie's wife christina actually won a copy of the vanessa pressing of the "third cup" 45 from me off ebay and i recall her mentioning that he was feeling a little ill, but i didn't realize she meant he was that sick. r.i.p.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    RIP

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Damn that is bad news. RIP indeed.

• Ahhhh man. Third Cup is a great LP. Rest in peace.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I don't know why, but this hit me harder than most.

RIP Eddie Fisher

I remember reading something in his interview with Wax Poetics that he released some music independently. Anybody heard any of those albums?
    I also wonder if any other recordings will surface.

Damn.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    First Frigo and now Fisher.... I am bummed. RIP my good man. I'm playing & the next 100 years on the ride home.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Loved his 100 years album. His brother or somebody in his family sent me an e-mail thanking me for the good review I gave it on SS. I thank Fisher for making great music.

• a huge talent...rip

• the man created beautiful music

RIP

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This is sad news.

Man, I bugged out the first time Tone played me The Third Cup on Cadet 45.

Rest in Peace.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Loved his 100 years album. His brother or somebody in his family sent me an e-mail thanking me for the good review I gave it on SS. I thank Fisher for making great music.

Yes. Fisher's "It's A Dream" (I've heard it's the same man) is a burn-out, burn-down classic. Unbelievable shit.

Sad to see him go.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Yes. Fisher's "It's A Dream" (I've heard it's the same man) is a burn-out, burn-down classic. Unbelievable shit.

Sad to see him go.

Not the same dude.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Sad to see him go.

Not the same dude.

I've gotta get new sources. I thought you told me that. How about the Ed who did The Ghetto Grind/Petite Soul? That guitar sounds familiar.

Love and respect to the Fisher family.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    the man created beautiful music

RIP Eddie.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Last summer when I drove to Las Vegas, I appropriately had "The Scorched Earth" on a burned CD blasting while cruising down the open freeway at 90+ MPH. Great tune. Cancer is no way to go out. At least his battle is over.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Sad to see him go.

Not the same dude.

I've gotta get new sources. I thought you told me that. How about the Ed who did The Ghetto Grind/Petite Soul?

I was under the impression that "It's a Dream" (is that the exact title?) was the second release on Fished, the first being Ghetto Grind/Petite Soul. Awaiting (dis)confirmation...

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Rest In Peace. Condolences to family and friends.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Fuck. The Next One Hundred Years album is one of my favourite LPs. Eddie never got the recognition he deserved but was truly innovative player. RIP.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Sad to see him go.

Not the same dude.

I've gotta get new sources. I thought you told me that. How about the Ed who did The Ghetto Grind/Petite Soul?

I was under the impression that "It's a Dream" (is that the exact title?) was the second release on Fished, the first being Ghetto Grind/Petite Soul. Awaiting (dis)confirmation...

Well, you've got the chronology right. But just to be a stickler - It's A Dream is on Fised and The Ghetto Grind is on Fished.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Sad to see him go.

Not the same dude.

Well, you've got the chronology right. But just to be a stickler - It's A Dream is on Fised and The Ghetto Grind is on Fished.

Good to know. Are they effectively the same label? Do the serial #s match up?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    damn

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    John Manship has the 3rd release on Fised/Fished up on his auctions right now. Johnny Dollar, which has the same backing as Nate Evans on Twinight, Satin, etc., and Johnny is a Chicago dude, so its gotta be either a Chicago or southern Illinois label... east St. Louis perhaps? So shouldn't the Fised stuff be Eddie Fisher? Fish-Ed.

anyways, RIP Eddie

• Very sad.
    I always loved how Third Cup, 100 Years, and Hot Lunch sounded so different and had completely different playing styles but were all solid.

"Cosmic Blues" is one of my all time favs, and, of course, 100 Years is in a class by itself.

RIP

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    100 Years is in a class by itself.

RIP

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Sad to see him go.

Not the same dude.

Good to know. Are they effectively the same label? Do the serial #s match up?

I'll have to check, but at this level of relative organization, we're really just talking about letters and numbers on a label - like how Saadia wasn't #1-2-3-4 and Tragar was spelled Trager for one side of one release. Fised/Fished is the same thing - a Chicago label - for all rights and purposes. I just told you for shearching's sake.

In other news - I revisited my copy of Next 100 Years and am loving it all over again. God bless recorded music, and thank you, Mr. Fisher.