new african mix

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I just posted another mix on my bloghttp://voodoofunk.blogspot.com/2007/07/cooked-from-scratch.htmlBought another ticket to Cotonou today...Brandnew pictures, mix and reports in a few weeks (if everything goes according to plan)

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    thank you. I always enjoy these mixes.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Frank you're out of control!

I seriously need to start trading with you for some of that African heat!

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    A+ Work!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    A+ Work!

only about 2 minutes into it, CRAZY. Thank you Frank, you are a genius...

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    thank you. I always enjoy these mixes.

Ditto.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    is the quality clock-radio-like to avoid lawsuits?
    good mix regardless.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    A+ Work!

Forreal. This is really amazing what you're doing. A) Write a book B) Make a comp. I will buy multiple copies of both.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Off to a ridiculous start. That screaming in the El Rego track is unbelievable. Fantastic work as always. Many thanks.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    A+ Work!

Forreal. This is really amazing what you're doing. A) Write a book B) Make a comp. I will buy multiple copies of both.

Essential. A book with all your photos travelling, of all the dealers, record covers, your stories... and a 12 CD mix set, and 4 double vinyl comps.... DO IT!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    A+ Work!

Essential. A book with all your photos travelling, of all the dealers, record covers, your stories... and a 12 CD mix set, and 4 double vinyl comps.... DO IT!

Dude, I don't even care how much that would cost, I'm there. Next person who asks me what digging is I'd be like here - and hand them the book.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    this mix is , great tunes!

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    Hell ya! Thanks Frank

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    You're a legend.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Frank you're always on point with these mixes. Always a pleasure!!!

• thank you frank
    always a treat!

• cheebahazecheebahaze 235 Posts
    thank you frank
    always a treat!

This mix is .... All over again.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    yeah, what everone else said!
    maybe other than that ck mann track
    (which was issued on a pretty popular compilation)
    and 1 of the poly rythmo tracks, this all new to me.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Thanks for the thumbs up everybody.

Just within the past few weeks, I was contacted by two reputable record labels about doing a comp. I'm very thrilled about this and will do everything I can to make this happen.

The focus would be the musicians though and not my digging adventures.

A fellow strutter has some plans for an African digging video though. Not sure if this will materialize or not but it could be fun...

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Thanks for the thumbs up everybody.

Just within the past few weeks, I was contacted by two reputable record labels about doing a comp. I'm very thrilled about this and will do everything I can to make this happen.

A fellow strutter has some plans for an African digging video though. Not sure if this will materialize or not but it could be fun...

Hey Frank, really looking forward to listening to the new mix. Great to hear that you've got some label interest too - long overdue! Hope all's well and safe where you are and good luck with the next trip to Cotonou.

O.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Thanx Ol___er,
    sorry for the strongly compressed sound quality by the way.
    I always have to depend on friendly favors when it comes to hosting these mp3s and some of my friends have limited bandwith...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Listening now. Sounds great, dig that African Boogaloo. Let us know if you get a higher bitrate online.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Sorry guys... just realized that my buddy has uploaded the wrong (earlier) version of this mix with a slightly different track list (no CK Mann but instead a hearty slice of Ivory Coast Disco Cheese by Bailly Spinto).

I'll try and have this replaced by the newer version and in a better quality if possible.

Sorry about that...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    haha, I kept rewinding the mix and looking at the tracklist trying to hear your "re-edit"! I thought, where did that boom boom bap go? All round

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Sorry guys... just realized that my buddy has uploaded the wrong (earlier) version of this mix with a slightly different track list (no CK Mann but instead a hearty slice of Ivory Coast Disco Cheese by Bailly Spinto).

I'll try and have this replaced by the newer version and in a better quality if possible.

Sorry about that...

HA! I don't care. I fucking love this sound quality and all and the last song on there is just fantastic.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Alright, thanx to Rainer from Konzeptlos.org, the lates mix is now downloadable in much, much better quality and in the newer version that includes the CK Mann edit.
    http://www.voodoofunk.blogspot.com

For those of you who have the time and interest to read some stuff, I have worked over the folowing posts on various African digging adventures:
    http://voodoofunk.blogspot.com/2006/10/mr-mafas-record-store.html
    http://voodoofunk.blogspot.com/2006/10/past-trips-to-freetown-sierra-leone.html
    http://voodoofunk.blogspot.com/2006/10/in-mouth-of-river-of-death.html
    Lots of additional text and some more pictures as well.

Last year I wrote an article for some magazine that never came out, now I've just added most of it onto my blog posts. Especially the Sierra Leone post should make for a much more interesting read mow.

Thanx!

Frank

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Good God.

I just spent the last 1/2 hour reading those stories...

and am speechless.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    great stuff!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Last year I wrote an article for some magazine that never came out,

Now the world will never hear about you + 6 cute b-girls for 2 hrs at the Lucky Cat