Istanbul Diggin

defcondefcon 30 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Hey Jauwl,Scope and me are going to Istanbul next Friday, 13th of July til 18th. Does anybody know where the crates wait for us?-)) Or is anybody in town to show us around? Please post Addresses or say peep!Cheerz Discodeffer

Comments

• mrfinewinemrfinewine 157 Posts
    be prepared to be breathing an intoxicating swirl of the following three scents in many parts of town:
    1. sweat
    2. shit
    3. cigarette smoke

there's a cool little enclosed passageway of used book and record and poster stores in beyoglu, it's called aslihan something something street...right off the main drag. i didn't have time to look anywhere else. was just there last week....

don't miss the hagia sofia (or ayasofia)...

have fun.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Hey Def! Good to see you here! Cop that Mustafa ??zkent heat, ha

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Don??t waste your limited time in Istanbul with record digging. There are a lot of more interesting things to do.

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    Don??t waste your limited time in Istanbul with record digging. There are a lot of more interesting things to do.

not constantinople

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    be prepared to be breathing an intoxicating swirl of the following three scents in many parts of town:
    1. sweat
    2. shit
    3. cigarette smoke

there's a cool little enclosed passageway of used book and record and poster stores in beyoglu, it's called aslihan something something street...right off the main drag. i didn't have time to look anywhere else. was just there last week....

don't miss the hagia sofia (or ayasofia)...

have fun.

And apparently watch your luggage!

• defcondefcon 30 Posts
    Thanks mrfinewine for the only Info about the records! Whatabout the other heads- only basic travelling hints or some real hidden crate treasure plans aboard? OK, could be some public ones aswell -)) the only one I know is Deform Muzik on Atlas Pasaji...C'moon!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Thanks mrfinewine for the only Info about the records! Whatabout the other heads- only basic travelling hints or some real hidden crate treasure plans aboard? OK, could be some public ones aswell -)) the only one I know is Deform Muzik on Atlas Pasaji...C'moon!

If I told you, I'd have to kill you, so make that choice and PM me...

• defcondefcon 30 Posts

Kill me or do whatever you want but only tell me something presupposed you know something!

• subsub 311 Posts
    schreib mir ne mail an [email]jannis@jakartarecords.de[/email] dann schicke ich dir morgen ne liste. habe die letzten vier monate in istanbul gelebt. allerdings ist es nicht einfach gute sachen zu finden....

• make sure you waer(!) your soulstrut Euro meeting 2006 T-shirt for instant 25% off all records in any record emporium throughout the world!

• defcondefcon 30 Posts
    make sure you waer(!) your soulstrut Euro meeting 2006 T-shirt for instant 25% off all records in any record emporium throughout the world!

Yeeh and the Harvey and the Phenomenals you gave me as present wrapped around my ear- so the turkish diggers come like bees to honey

• ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts

Hey Sheep,

thats great, thank you in advance man! That would be wonderful!! Highly appreciated, even if defcon does not know what a pm (private message - mate, its a privat send message over and inside the SS board that you can read in your member space) is :-)

This time I wont take any trades with me. Unlike when we did tokio, where I had tons of vinyl with me (dumb idea)... Ha - I remember that we went to Toni's and saw a good batch of Australian records there :-)

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    This time I wont take any trades with me. Unlike when we did tokio, where I had tons of vinyl with me (dumb idea)... Ha - I remember that we went to Toni's and saw a good batch of Australian records there :-)

Oh, that's my hommies store.... as far as trading in Japan, you have to know *WHAT* to bring to *WHERE*... I usually have 4 places that buy my shit, certain items go to Disk Union, others elsewhere. For example, I have 4 records here that Disk Union will go poo poo over, then there's 2 I've bought for the guy in the store you posted the picture for, he will loose his mind! Good luck in Istanbul man!

• ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
    BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!

Hey Strutterz, any other suggestions where it might be worth go hunting in Constantinopel AKA ISTANBUL:-)

Thanks everybody for your help, all hints help andappreciated!!!

Best,

Scoper & Discodef

• and me also be in 'sis conversation with the cool guys from the crew serious about 'se digging YOYO. chck out my latest mix and be cool wis' your coolness from the yoyo Euro style t-shirt def, crazy thanks to all my peeps from istanbul aka constantinopel, aka alexanria aka the shitter def city of tobacco smell with the rare okazan ustafa habib lp from 1981 with the fine b-boy break for my club people dancing. and check my video of 'se digging world kingdom come at the ARC and Austin, TX wis' the finest of all yoyo, send a pm to my 'ommie, yesyallin' with the crates await for me and my other mes, tanksing you a lot, ha, HA.

YO!