Latin Soul Recordings

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I'm not trying to blow up anyone's spot here but while I've been greatly admiring their taste in music and the quantity/quality of their comps...I'm just wondering (let me state this diplomatically):"just how are they capable of clearing all this music?"real headz are curious.

Comments

• I'm not trying to blow up anyone's spot here but while I've been greatly admiring their taste in music and the quantity/quality of their comps...I'm just wondering (let me state this diplomatically):

"just how are they capable of clearing all this music?"

real headz are curious.

Dude, those retail for like $10 each. Do you really think they're clearing anything?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm not trying to blow up anyone's spot here but while I've been greatly admiring their taste in music and the quantity/quality of their comps...I'm just wondering (let me state this diplomatically):

"just how are they capable of clearing all this music?"

real headz are curious.

Dude, those retail for like $10 each. Do you really think they're clearing anything?

Saying: I don't want to straight up make an accusation but if you read between the lines...

My question though is: how come no one's addressed this yet? They're dealing with HUNDREDS of different artists and in some cases, I know the guy running the label HAS come to an "arrangement" with a few select individuals but I'm just surprised at the size of the catalog if it's operating outside of legit channels.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Bootlegs. Straight up.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I've always assumed the funds gained from vinyl boots these days are chump change to the majors and are generally considered not worth batting an eyelash over... especially considering the whole filesharing thing.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've always assumed the funds gained from vinyl boots these days are chump change to the majors and are generally considered not worth batting an eyelash over... especially considering the whole filesharing thing.

I think it's the artists people are concerned with, not the labels.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I think it's the artists people are concerned with, not the labels.

I was just stating why folks could get away with it, I didn't see it being addressed as a ethical question - generally the strength of a label or other corporate entity would be required to stomp out a bootlegger.

But now I see that 'Latin Soul Recordings' is actually a label so I didn't really understand what I was responding to in the first place...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Digdug: they're not vinyl boots. They're CDs.

Dustygroove sells 'em as do a bunch of other places.