One day

I feel your pain!

WTF are they looking for anyways?

:asshurt:

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Ahh! Pony, thanks.
    I'm curious about the same thing.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    No Strutters made it in? I did mention this site on my "Top 5" websites.

VERY.

My ass stings.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    One day, later...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    what is this?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I got accepted

j/k. I NEVER know when they do these things. Was it in a good location this year like South Africa or Brazil? Or was it like Sandusky, Ohio?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I suspect you were all TOO UGLY[/b] to get in. Have you looked at the participants? They are all fucking beautiful.

Specifically NINA KRAVIZ:

Jacking the floor into new stratospheres of dance mania, Nina Kraviz is an elektro Sputnik at her monthly Disco Not Disco and Funk Explosion parties in Moscow. At the same time she has been working as a journalist and promoter. The moonlighting dentist is known to wrap her pearly whites around the end of a microphone too: Swiss producer Golden Boy requested her for a forthcoming album appearance. For further soul power, Muscovites can find Nina threading a selection from Clone to Flexx to Environ, educating them in all things nu-disco while packing more punch than a Molotov cocktail.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I shoulda done this when I was younger, I bet they needed more girls, but I never knew about the deadlines- and then I got too old!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

j/k. I NEVER know when they do these things. Was it in a good location this year like South Africa or Brazil? Or was it like Sandusky, Ohio?

THE T-DOT.

So I ain't that mad.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I suspect you were all TOO UGLY[/b] to get in. Have you looked at the participants? They are all fucking beautiful.

Do you want a date with Nina or are you trying to start a new beef?

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Jacking the floor into new stratospheres of dance mania, Nina Kraviz is an elektro Sputnik at her monthly Disco Not Disco and Funk Explosion parties in Moscow. At the same time she has been working as a journalist and promoter. The moonlighting dentist is known to wrap her pearly whites around the end of a microphone too: Swiss producer Golden Boy requested her for a forthcoming album appearance. For further soul power, Muscovites can find Nina threading a selection from Clone to Flexx to Environ, educating them in all things nu-disco while packing more punch than a Molotov cocktail.

I don't know hommie. I can't say many of the people in the academy were "beautiful people" that I worked at. A lot of them were characters though. Btw I have nothing to do with the selecting of the participants. From what I've seen they like to have a interesting mix of people with contrasting styles more than anything. When I was at the office in Germany they had like 5,000+ applications.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Yo straight up FUCK THESE DUDES. The organizers who run this piece of shit viral marketing camp ain't about shit so don't feel bad, in fact consider yourself lucky your name won't be associated with this in the future.

A few years ago I applied because it sounded like it might be interesting to get down with, and I had an interest in building with cats for the betterment of music. I applied and they hit me back and said - yo, you didn't need to apply, in fact, we've been meaning to get ahold of you; we want you to be a teacher/team leader whatever the fuck at this year's seminar in South Africa. Needless to say I was completely stoked and as soon as it was confirmed via numerous phone conversations as to my involvement and what they would need from me, I proceeded to tell all of my friends and family the good news. It was a wonderful announcement because to the lesser knowing fam, it seemed like a legitimate (read: multi-national corporate) recognition that they never felt I had received and were very proud of me.

The only catch was that double K and I were slated to be on tour in the east coast with Raekwon when the seminar started. After carefully weighing the options, I decided to cancel the final three dates (and a few thousand dollars of net income) off the Raekwon tour and fly home early from Boston, so I could pack and get the airport the next day to fly to South Africa. Cool. So we left for tour, and during the tour I continued talking with the organize and even talked to Chairman Mao over the phone who I was slated to be sharing a room with and I think we were going to interview Hugh Masekela. Great. I was ready, well prepared and had put alot of thought into what I was taking, what I had to offer and what I would share. I took the invitation very seriously.

I left the tour and when I got home the (paper) Plane Tickets had not arrived in the mail. I contacted UPS and got all up in their ass but to no avail, the package it seems had been lost. I wasn't going to let it ruin my trip though, I called South African Air and they told me to just go the counter in time for my scheduled flight and I woudl have to pay a nominal fee to get a new paper ticket and check in. Cool. packed, kissed everyone goodbye and they all got sensitive about how proud they were of me. My homeboy Newman took me to the airport and dropped me off, pounds around, I was out. I go the counter, and, what do you know - THEY NEVER EVEN BOUGHT ME A TICKET. I argued and argued and showed them the itinerary they sent me but the facts were the facts, THEY NEVER BOUGHT MY TICKET. I argued and pleaded and even tried to by a ticket but it was all to late - after about 3 hours I had to call my man Newman and ask him to come pick me up.

The range of emotions was unbearable, I was angry, frustrated, and completely embarrased. I spent the next few days trying to explain why I wasn't teaching in South Africa and trying to get another flight, but no one at Red Bull gave a damn.
    In fact, they fell out of contact. Finally someone said that there must have been a mix-up (but that didn't change the fact that I wasn't getting another ticket) and that they were sorry but shit happens. The bottom line is that, though I got an itinerary I never got a ticket purchased, and when I told them numerous times that my tickets had not arrived at my house (while I was on tour) they kept telling me not to worry about it. They told me they were sent UPS but come to find out later that no package was ever sent to my name or address during that time period. Ultimately, I played it humble and never once went off on cats, I figured I would just get invited out to do it the next year.

They never contacted me again, and I was never asked back.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Yo straight up FUCK THESE DUDES. The organizers who run this piece of shit viral marketing camp ain't about shit so don't feel bad, in fact consider yourself lucky your name won't be associated with this in the future.

A few years ago I applied because it sounded like it might be interesting to get down with, and I had an interest in building with cats for the betterment of music. I applied and they hit me back and said - yo, you didn't need to apply, in fact, we've been meaning to get ahold of you; we want you to be a teacher/team leader whatever the fuck at this year's seminar in South Africa. Needless to say I was completely stoked and as soon as it was confirmed via numerous phone conversations as to my involvement and what they would need from me, I proceeded to tell all of my friends and family the good news. It was a wonderful announcement because to the lesser knowing fam, it seemed like a legitimate (read: multi-national corporate) recognition that they never felt I had received and were very proud of me.

The only catch was that double K and I were slated to be on tour in the east coast with Raekwon when the seminar started. After carefully weighing the options, I decided to cancel the final three dates (and a few thousand dollars of net income) off the Raekwon tour and fly home early from Boston, so I could pack and get the airport the next day to fly to South Africa. Cool. So we left for tour, and during the tour I continued talking with the organize and even talked to Chairman Mao over the phone who I was slated to be sharing a room with and I think we were going to interview Hugh Masekela. Great. I was ready, well prepared and had put alot of thought into what I was taking, what I had to offer and what I would share. I took the invitation very seriously.

I left the tour and when I got home the (paper) Plane Tickets had not arrived in the mail. I contacted UPS and got all up in their ass but to no avail, the package it seems had been lost. I wasn't going to let it ruin my trip though, I called South African Air and they told me to just go the counter in time for my scheduled flight and I woudl have to pay a nominal fee to get a new paper ticket and check in. Cool. packed, kissed everyone goodbye and they all got sensitive about how proud they were of me. My homeboy Newman took me to the airport and dropped me off, pounds around, I was out. I go the counter, and, what do you know - THEY NEVER EVEN BOUGHT ME A TICKET. I argued and argued and showed them the itinerary they sent me but the facts were the facts, THEY NEVER BOUGHT MY TICKET. I argued and pleaded and even tried to by a ticket but it was all to late - after about 3 hours I had to call my man Newman and ask him to come pick me up.

The range of emotions was unbearable, I was angry, frustrated, and completely embarrased. I spent the next few days trying to explain why I wasn't teaching in South Africa and trying to get another flight, but no one at Red Bull gave a damn.
    In fact, they fell out of contact. Finally someone said that there must have been a mix-up (but that didn't change the fact that I wasn't getting another ticket) and that they were sorry but shit happens. The bottom line is that, though I got an itinerary I never got a ticket purchased, and when I told them numerous times that my tickets had not arrived at my house (while I was on tour) they kept telling me not to worry about it. They told me they were sent UPS but come to find out later that no package was ever sent to my name or address during that time period. Ultimately, I played it humble and never once went off on cats, I figured I would just get invited out to do it the next year.

They never contacted me again, and I was never asked back.

Dude, that is some SHADY shit right there, wow. There's nothing more embarassing then telling all your people's about something that you're involved in just to have it blow up in your face. After awhile you learn to just keep things to yourself til they've fully materialized.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    i applied and thought i had a quite strong application but.......... denied!

fuck it ,, maybe i'll try next year .. we'll see how i feel

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    That is wack. I'm curious, though, what did they have to gain by fucking you over like that? Was your name on the list of participants or something?

I have no idea what they had to gain by doing that, ultimately I think they may have made a mistake (or they decided to get someone better in my place and didn't want to break it to me), but when the shit hit the fan, they just ignored me until to many days had passed and it was too late to try and remedy the situation. There was a complete lack of empathy towards my situation and the timing of everything still made me feel like there was a part of the story I was missing. You don't leave dudes hanging in the wind. And if I remember correctly there was a session after mine that I could have been flow in for. VERY SUSPECT.

Red Bull never gave me my wings.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Sounds like you got treated pretty shoddy, but look on the bright side that shit is poison in a can...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Sounds like you got treated pretty shoddy, but look on the bright side that shit is poison in a can...

I am enjoying a can right now.

(we had an energy drink thread before where folls wree talmbout how evil this shit is. basically, don't beleive the hype. it's just soda with extra caffeine.)

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Haaa! I'm sorry man, that is some dubious, foul shit...but that was comedy.

I'm really surprised someone like Catalist, Bapt or U-Tern didn't get accepted. Makes me not feel as bad for missing the application this year.
    After what Chris said...

It's a shame too cause all I've heard were good things.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    an elektro Sputnik

• Their FAQ reads so painfully disingenuous. It reminds me of the overly friendly hip girl in the cafeteria.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    that shit is poison in a can

Last week I went "disco bowling" for my b-day, basically they have the loud dance music, black lights, and cheesy retro "outer space" airbrushed walls (very good times!). Any ho, one of my friends was drinking RB and THAT SHIT WAS GLOWING IN THE DARK like some cartoon radio-active waste from The Simpsons.

• No Strutters made it in? I did mention this site on my "Top 5" websites.

VERY.

My ass stings.

Pony,

you should've gotten in as far as im concerned.

signed,

a member of the RBMA class of 2000 / London edition aka the best two weeks in my life

NB: still not a good look what happened w/ lordradio!

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    that sounds horrible. im pretty glad i got rejected, twice.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

NB: still what happened w/ lordradio!

Haaa! I'm sorry man, that is some dubious, foul shit...but that was comedy.

I'm really surprised someone like Catalist, Bapt or U-Tern didn't get accepted. Makes me not feel as bad for missing the application this year.
    After what Chris said...

It's a shame too cause all I've heard were good things.

I can laugh about it now but that shit was not funny for a few years. I have, though, heard of other acceptees having similar left hanging experiences.
    Sayin', I had loss of income from that shit.

When we used to do like 7 EU tours a year (2000-2003), our managements office was right near Mr. Bongos and also the Red Bull building in London. We used to get flats of that shit gratis (not by request though) and I could never drink more than one can before I felt like I was pissing sizzurp- But the McDonalds right around the corner on Oxford had the old school US apple pies (super crispy style) and red bull and apple pies would get me through the excruciating press days with 10+ interviews at the office. I also ballooned during that period to 227 pounds and felt like holy hell all the time.

catpiss in a can and a

the diet of touring rappers

• chasechase 767 Posts
    what did yall submit, mixtapes or beattapes?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    a CD-R

• excuse my ignorance, but who's lordradio? What do you do?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    excuse my ignorance, but who's lordradio? What do you do?
    That's Thes One.