Attn: London, UK Strutters

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
this is a serious stab in the dark:my girlfriend and i are dying to get tickets to steely dan at hammersmith apollo on sat but its sold out. can i count on scalpers and if so what is their usual mark-up? better yet, any of you have any media connections you could pull out for me? will shower you with good records, beer, money, whatever. i would be eternally greatful.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    this is a serious stab in the dark:

my girlfriend and i are dying to get tickets to steely dan at hammersmith apollo on sat but its sold out. can i count on scalpers and if so what is their usual mark-up? better yet, any of you have any media connections you could pull out for me? will shower you with good records, beer, money, whatever. i would be eternally greatful.

I didn't have tickets for the Pharoahe show at Jazz Cafe and there were lots of scalpers later on in the night, just have to be patient, they don't turn up early... rather when there's a crowd... you'll probably pay an extra 10 pound each a ticket, just make sure you don't get burned with fake ones...

Good luck mate!

bev

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-TICKETS-FOR-STEE...1QQcmdZViewItem

...there's a pair on ebay which I reckon will end up at about ??100. 10 bidders, 4 hours to go. I think the touts will look for anything between ??25 and ??50 extra for a pair.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Actually, being a steely dan concert, the scalpers will probably end up being an extra 20 quid a ticket...

you might wanna ask on vinylvulture.co.uk at the forums too... a bit closer to home.

peace.

• Blow_FlyBlow_Fly 41 Posts
    Ha! I'm trying to get tickets as well. Seems like a ??50 ticket is going for about ??75 on EBay. I got some guy off Gumtree who is supposed to be sending me tickets but so far I found out hes in Spain and he was giong to courier them. I'm not holding out much hope, but it was two tickets for ??100.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    this is a serious stab in the dark:

my girlfriend and i are dying to get tickets to steely dan at hammersmith

? huh?

go see dizzy rascal or something lol

• thanks for the info guys.

just broke down and got 2 tiks for tonights show in birmingham. any strutters there going to the show? any strutters there at all. anyone want to host me and my girl on your couch for the night. we will get you drunk and fed. super last minute styles here. thx,
    noah

cell:447726796432

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I was at the show at Birmingham, seeing middle aged white people dancing cracks me up haha. Seriously, proper comedy, especially the dork who at the quiet bit shouted "YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!".
    It was cool though, what did you think?

• wicked show, tight band, good song selection, but the crowd were almost all grizzled old fogies which was to be expected i suppose. at 21, i think my girl was the youngest person in the building. 'hey 19' was a propos.

what was that hard bop tune they opened with? sounded like some lee morgan tune but couldn;t place it. that drummer was killing it, esp on aja, green earings, and babylon sisters where he faithfully played that purdie shuffle. luckily i copped the last aja shirt in the building.

finally, birmingham seems like a nice little city.