Mike Dean Appreciation

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Got to hang out with this dude alot at the studio while he was mixing the new kanye record, and he was one of the coolest dudes ive ever met. Hes got so many crazy stories from rap-a-lot years, everything from being in the studio with pac, to scarface jacking him for beats (even though they are still friends), to the government trying to plant drugs on J. Prince. Hes definitely produced some classics over the years, and hes also an ill mix engineer. For those that dont know he co-produced that kanye single "stronger" and mixed a lot of the new record. He also bought us a bong for the studio. Mike dean rules. Appreciate.

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    For those that dont know he co-produced that kanye single "stronger" and mixed a lot of the new record.

This is a good look. I think the old rap-a-lot sound is a frequently overlooked influence on the kanye aesthetic.

• Hes an awesome dude and an underappreciated talent!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Hes an awesome dude and an underappreciated talent!

hell yeah.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Geto Boys, Scarface, Odd Squad, Devin, Big Mike, Big Mello (RIP), Z-Ro, Pimp C...oh hell yeah.

Geto Boys, Scarface, Odd Squad, Devin, Big Mike, Big Mello (RIP), Z-Ro, Pimp C...oh hell yeah.

He also has a collection of xxl old school rap-a-lot promo t-shirts that really has to be seen to be believed. lol. Im talking coughee bros. promo t's haha.

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    to the government trying to plant drugs on J. Prince

oh fuck.... not that it's very surprising.....

• about a month or two ago i was at guitar center with a friend who was buying some equipment, we were waiting in my friend's(who is their #1 salesman) office for awhile, waiting for him to come back from lunch. in walks this dude with an oversized, faded do or die shirt. we got to talking and it was obvious that the dude knew his shit when it came to equipment. i was thinking to myself "man i bet this is mike dean!" when he left i asked my friend if it was and he was like "yup!!". i had no idea what he looked like before then. my friend was telling me how at his home studio he has birds,parrots etc. and how they just roam free in the house. chillin all up on his keyboards eating sunflower seeds and shit.

really nice dude mike is.

my friend was telling me how at his home studio he has birds,parrots etc. and how they just roam free in the house. chillin all up on his keyboards eating sunflower seeds and shit.

that's very cool. crazy surprising what can you find out about some people. i wish someone would do a proper interview with this guy.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Man "Mike Dean" is never mentioned when it comes to producers in music. I've loved his sound for years. Greatly Appreciated!!!

my friend was telling me how at his home studio he has birds,parrots etc. and how they just roam free in the house. chillin all up on his keyboards eating sunflower seeds and shit.

that's very cool. crazy surprising what can you find out about some people. i wish someone would do a proper interview with this guy.

I actually was telling my man over at urb this, and a story is now in the works. Ill keep yall posted.

I actually was telling my man over at urb this, and a story is now in the works. Ill keep yall posted.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    is NO joe still with them?

NO Joe, Mike Dean and Scarface are working together on the new Scarface album. Should be dope.