The Fox News Tells the Truth Thread

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
For example. Feel free to join in.

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    None of these news outlets use the word "crime" or "criminal" either.

Time Magazine.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1639605,00.html?xid=feed-cnn-topics

CNN (only in a quote by Bush "the punishment doesn't fit the crime")

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/02/libby.sentence/index.html#cnnSTCText

Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/03/AR2007070300228.html

New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/03/washington/03bush.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

maybe when someone is pardoned or their sentence commuted it is like it is expunged and so even though the obvious choice of words would be "crime" or "criminal" it wouldn't be technically accurate?

• fox news sucks a big ol diddik, this is choice..

just for the record, i dont watch fox news cause its just opinion and its intended to just get people worked up. I actually watch CNN because they have more reporters in more places. And NY1. I watch that in the morning.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    maybe when someone is pardoned or their sentence commuted it is like it is expunged and so even though the obvious choice of words would be "crime" or "criminal" it wouldn't be technically accurate?

i guess, if that were actually true

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Wrong. If her were pardoned, the record is cleared. With the
    sentence commuted, he is still convicted, still liable for the
    fine, still on 2 years probation. All that having the sentence
    commuted means is that he avoids jail time.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    just for the record, even though [/b]i dont watch fox news I will defend their conservative bias to the death[/b]

just for the record, even though [/b]i dont watch fox news I will defend their conservative bias to the death[/b]

shouldnt you be out scribbling the names of dead soldiers on the sidewalk somewhere? Or are you over that?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    and its intended to just get people worked up.

EXACTLY. When are people going to understand that the likes of Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are entertainers, they would have been actors but just werent 'sexy' enough for hollywood.

shouldnt you be out scribbling the names of dead soldiers on the sidewalk somewhere? Or are you over that?

i guess the weather is getting too nice to waste your time protesting. Have a happy fourth of july.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    and its intended to just get people worked up.

EXACTLY. When are people going to understand that the likes of Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are entertainers, they would have been actors but just werent 'sexy' enough for hollywood.

People get worked up because Fox is a "news" station with an expressed political agenda.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

i guess the weather is getting too nice to waste your time protesting. Have a happy fourth of july.

http://iraqnamesproject.wordpress.com/

Still happening. Should be right in front of Dr Wu's house soon.

You hate this for the same reason you hate Motown's posts. They make people stop and think for a minute about the cost of your war. Things are much better for you and your agenda when people are oblivious, which is why Fox News has cut coverage of Iraq to 6 minutes a News hour. Paris Hilton gets more minutes each hour than Iraq.

You can go back to supporting the troops by pretending they don't exsist now.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Dan, I don't think I could have said it any better than that.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

You hate this for the same reason you hate Motown's posts. They make people stop and think for a minute about the cost of your war. Things are much better for you and your agenda when people are oblivious, which is why Fox News has cut coverage of Iraq to 6 minutes a News hour. Paris Hilton gets more minutes each hour than Iraq.

I think all that really matters is do the Troops and their families support what you're doing?

I can understand how some would support it and I would understand if some objected using their deceased familiy member's name to promote what they might perceive is an Anti-War cause.

It's these people I would be concerned about offending.

for a minute

operative phrase.

I think all that really matters is do the Troops and their families support what you're doing?

I can understand how some would support it and I would understand if some objected using their deceased familiy member's name to promote what they might perceive is an Anti-War cause.

LW and Doc....do you guys consider this before using a deceased soldiers name??

Do you contact their next of kin and ask for permission to use their names??

Just curious.

Do you have something special planned for the holiday, maybe a celebrity scribbler? I hear Cindy Sheehan is available. Maybe some red-white-and-blue chalk? That would be awesome, the irony would be inescapable.

Nancy has gotten nothing but positive feedback from active military, veterans and their families. She has gotten emails and personal letters from family of killed soldiers.

All positive.

It is very emotional.

These people can not afford the kind of cynicism that makes saba dismisses the sacrifice these people live with everyday.

There are various State laws that prohibit the use of dead soldiers names for "advertising and/or profit" without the permission of the dead soldiers family.

Apparently the ACLU are fighting these laws.

I assume this does not apply to what you're doing as there is no profit being made.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/ss/local/56093.php

It is very emotional.

***Puke***

These people can not afford the kind of cynicism that makes saba dismisses the sacrifice these people live with everyday.

maybe if they stopped playing with chalk and got a job they could afford it? And I would recomend maybe a new look too.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Saba, your avatar is a perfect description of you. A fire starter. I'm not sure where the cat head comes in to this equation though.

It is very emotional.

***Puke***

Nancy has gotten nothing but positive feedback from active military, veterans and their families. She has gotten emails and personal letters from family of killed soldiers.

All positive.

It is very emotional.

maybe if they stopped playing with chalk and got a job they could afford it? And I would recomend maybe a new look too.

Thank you for proving my point.

Laserwolf's point.

the wolfman sign does give it that extra flava.

Saba, your avatar is a perfect description of you. A fire starter. I'm not sure where the cat head comes in to this equation though.

my catlike reflexes. i float in, quietly, undetected, before letting forth with a burst of fiery intellect, smiting my victims and reducing them to smoldering ashes.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

my catlike reflexes. i float in, quietly, undetected, before letting forth with a burst of fiery intellect, smiting my victims and reducing them to smoldering ashes.

Dolo?

Dolo?

dolo is but a tired imitation

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Saba has been spouting off bullshit since dolo was just one of his father's backwards swimming three tailed sperm.