Is Serena Faking?

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
am i the only one who notices that she only gets injuries when she is in a spot?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Would she retain her ranking if she pulled out due to to injury?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    no. but she fakes injuries to stop play long enough to interrupt her opponents rhythm.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    probably....soccer dudes been doing that for decades

no. but she fakes injuries to stop play long enough to interrupt her opponents rhythm.

Whatever works w/out cheating.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    who are you rooting for sabadabada?

i like nadal

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    soccer(basketball, baseball) dudes been doing that for decades

youre like my wife. she just like's nadal because he has big muscles.

Besides, she didnt fake it w/ me.

your like my wife. she just like's nadal because he has big muscles.

whaaaaa? i like him because he gave a gracious and respectful speech when he defeated agassi at his last us open before retiring

i like nadal

Roddick, but that Juan Carlos Ferrero has a nice game.

i like nadal

Roddick, but that Juan Carlos Ferrero has a nice game.

yeah i like roddick too. i'm not paying close attention to the seeding. is it possible to see a roddick/nadal final? i'd be into that. kinda sick of federer

is soulstrut ready for a ATP/WTA thread?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Do you guys actually play tennis???

The courts near me are ALWAYS taken.

Roddick seems like he got the U.S. tennis throne by default, but has never really lived up to it, or maybe has just had the ill fortune of facing Federer each time.

i play. my wife was ranked and actually played against the Williams sisters (and David Dinkins in a doubles match). she did rebock and harry hopkins and went to school on a full scholarship. she had an injury that forced her to learn and compete lefthanded. She started training in Russia at age 6 and has the nicest game you'll ever see.

My game, not so much.

The courts near me are ALWAYS taken.

Roddick seems like he got the U.S. tennis throne by default, but has never really lived up to it, or maybe has just had the ill fortune of facing Federer each time.

Roddick cant make that leap. Dude hired Conners to give him some swag,and it hasnt worked.

I played for 6 years hardcore. My sister just got back from the French Open.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    It's the exact opposite for me and my lady. She struggles with her serve, volley and forehand, has little backhand to speak of, not to mention a complete lack of depth perception. Meanwhile, I went unranked on my high school's JV team, also sponsorless. However, it's always a great time playing.

Do you guys actually play tennis??

but i've been meaning to play recently but this past month has been insanely windy

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    im sure this has been mentioned but batmon is doin it well

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    im sure this has been mentioned but batmon is doin it well

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    ^^^
    I dunno Lumin, I'm enjoying yours quite a lot... who is she?

• i play. my wife was ranked and actually played against the Williams sisters (and David Dinkins in a doubles match). she did rebock and harry hopkins and went to school on a full scholarship. she had an injury that forced her to learn and compete lefthanded. She started training in Russia at age 6 and has the nicest game you'll ever see.

My game, not so much.

your wife sounds hot. i respect athletes.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    ^^^

Rosario Dawson! Get your late pass, son! Best lookin' woman in America for my money.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    So is your bare male ass avatar a silent response to Batmon's current oiled-up persona?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    ^^^

Rosario Dawson! Get your late pass, son! straight-up horseface[/b] .

NAGL.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

This used to be my sport. I played competitively for a good 10 years. Ranked as a junior, 1st singles as a freshman in high school. Went to Bollettieri tennis camp w/ my man Dreas (that shit was brutal). I had to stop playing midway through my junior year due to a strained elbow. That tennis elbow shit is no joke, feels like your forearm is being forcibly pulled out of socket every time you move.

I only play occasionally now. Why must I cry?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    ^^^

NAGL.

You need to check that wacky weed, rootless....you are losing your sight now in addition to your already impaired judgement!

This used to be my sport. I played competitively for a good 10 years. Ranked as a junior, 1st singles as a freshman in high school. Went to Bollettieri tennis camp w/ my man Dreas (that shit was brutal). I had to stop playing midway through my junior year due to a strained elbow. That tennis elbow shit is no joke, feels like your forearm is being forcibly pulled out of socket every time you move.

the great thing about tennis is that you dont have to win, its all about having a nice game, form, and looking good on the court. Once youve played competitively you can always play doubles and have a good time.

My wife did Bollettieri also. She grew up in Woodhaven Queens and was befriended by Vitas Gerulaitis Sr. on the courts on Parklane South. I think he owned a travel agency on Jamaica Avenue. She would be up there at age 12 playing with a wooden racket against men and running them up and down the court. Whenever we play, people stop to watch her game. In college she did the compete and they pumped her up with cortisone until it blew out her whole wrist and forearm. Then she competed left-handed, and after about 6 years she has enough strength in her right arm to play doubles, and if she wants to really reach for a shot now she can just switch hands.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    ^^^

NAGL.

You need to check that wacky weed, rootless....you are losing your sight now in addition to your already impaired judgement!
    for real! rootless must be out his rabid ass mind. ol girl walks around the east village on the regular, and she looks good every time i see her.

told you.

"Serena Williams collapsed with a strained calf, screamed in pain and buried her face in the grass behind the baseline, her bid for a third Wimbledon title in jeopardy. Nearly three hours later, following a timely rain delay, she hobbled gallantly into the quarterfinals by beating Daniela Hantuchova 6-2, 6-7 (2), 6-2."

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    hobbled gallantly