RUNNING SHOES (NRR)

2»

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    , and if you have an ipod nano, they will tell you how far you ran and whatnot
    How does that work?

• Options
    although people's feet are shaped differently and your stride may be different- your best bet is to go to a running store and ask...

I personally would follow this advice, especially if you plan on developing a serious regimen.

• although people's feet are shaped differently and your stride may be different- your best bet is to go to a running store and ask...

I personally would follow this advice, especially if you plan on developing a serious regimen.
    Excuse my ignorance, but what are a couple of such stores? I didn't even know they existed...

• In all honesty I don't run that much at all..but when the time comes, I have these waiting..

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i found that nikes didnt offer much stability for me, i'm pretty hard on my feet when i run and new balance offered the best support and stability for my style of running. kind of heavy but my feet didnt feel like falling off after a long run.

i do use the nike frees for training purposes like going to the gym or doing a few laps to strengthen my feet.

• I came across them at a stupid cheap price..and they are light as hell.

• rayray 77 Posts
    I'd like to also throw in a vote for the ASICS Kayanos. I've run a couple of marathons and was on a 50+ mile/week schedule for some time (though now I do 24/week with some cycling and weights.) A while back I did some research and saw the Kayanos highly recommended. When I actaully went to try some on (and I tried on every pair in the place, ) sure enough the Kayanos were by far the best fit and most comfortable. Actually, I'm getting ready to replace my pair again. The best advice I can give you is to try everything on and don't be afraid to spend a little cash if you are serious. Your feet will thank you...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    seriously, where'd this 'deej likes to rave' thing come from? shit doesnt make sense

LOL
    ???

• I like asics ds trainer 12's. Really lightweight, narrow footbox and lots of arch support. The current edition also is on this red/white clowntown scheme that doesn't really appeal to me, but they're that good.

If you're going to be serious about running, drop some dough and get decent shoes. Lord knows you've blown it on stupider shit.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    if youre going to be serious about running, head to a runner specific store. they'll be able to set you up with a solid shoe based on whether or not you over pronate, wide foot, have a high arch etc...

even if youre not that serious having a solid shoe will do you wonders when you do decide to run a few miles.

also, during really long runs try

i cant stand gatorade.

• I gave up running years ago due to gammy knees, from what I recall though you were meant to replace your running shoes every 6-8 months if you were running alot because the rubber/cushioning compound can lose its effectiveness reasonably quickly .. sure, this sounds like a marketing spiel, but if you're out there in a pair of Brooks you had way back in high school you might want to upgrade as running is some high impact sh*t & gammy knees are no chop at all

• Blow_FlyBlow_Fly 41 Posts
    I'd like to also throw in a vote for the ASICS Kayanos.

I run about 15-20 miles/ week on a mixture of sidewalk, grass and the treadmill. I tried Nikes with a half air sole which were actually pretty decent. Then I went to a Nike Pegasus with a full air sole. The full air soles are IMHO not good for running. They give good cushion but no spring and they're heavy compared to gel soles (though I think the '07 models are a bit lighter than the '06s).

Asics Kayanos are the biz. They're light, they fit really well, your feet don't sweat too much, they bounce and they feel really natural on your feet. I'm buying my second pair when I get paid later this month.

My g/f also runs in Asics and the bloke who lives in the next street over from me is on his 6th pair of Kayanos.