• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    oh
    hells
    yahhhh

the future scares me.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    YOSHIMI!!!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i seen them last year. i don't think i'd do it again. it was aight, but basically, i think if they were not japanese girls, nobody would give a flying guillotine fuck.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    i seen them last year. i don't think i'd do it again. it was aight, but basically, i think if they were not japanese girls, nobody would give a flying guillotine fuck.

I dunno, hey fit nicely alongside Gang Gang Dance, who are non-Japanese and have a similarly sized following.

I think the Boredoms connection gave OOIOO their initial bump more so than their Japaneseness per se.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Worst live show I've seen in some time.
    Sounded like Mike & the Mechanics done by Shonen Knife.

• i seen them last year. i don't think i'd do it again. it was aight, but basically, i think if they were not japanese girls, nobody would give a flying guillotine fuck.

complete and utter bullshit

• awallawall 673 Posts
    as usual, soulstrut overflows with motherfuckers who just straight up DO NOT GET IT

btw

Roberto de Simone - "Secondo Coro Delle Lavandaie"

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    Love OOIOO. Best track: On Mani.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts

the show i saw was incredible. but i was only into it for the japanese girl factor, so i guess you're right.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I think the Boredoms connection gave OOIOO their initial bump more so than their Japaneseness per se.

That's what caused me to check 'em out. Diminishing returns with each new album for me.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts

That's what caused me to check 'em out. Diminishing returns with each new album for me.

I don't think they've topped this yet:

But all their records are good.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

complete and utter bullshit

I stand corrected.

What I meant was: "...if they were not Japanese girls on Thrill Jockey, nobody in America would give a flying guillotine fuck."

• still complete and utter bullshit.

a.) the music is incredible
    b.) the music itself is very japanese, so saying "if they weren't japanese, no one would care" is basically saying "if the music was different, they would have a different audience"
    c.) there is no equivalent band you can compare them to that's not japanese because their music is so unique (GGD maybe? i don't really hear that)
    d.) they weren't always on thrill jockey and people have always cared because their shit is just good

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    I saw Boredoms last night in Toronto and shit was incredible! 3 drum kits, with perfect synchornization over an hour with no breaks and intricate as fuck patterns...and Eye was playing this rack of guitar necks each tuned to different notes that he would hit with sticks to produce sounds. Best show I've seen in years, didn't want it to end. So many climactic moments...and Yoshimi is a cutie. Anyone else check out the show?

• downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
    not sure if this is the same as the download back a few posts, but i first heard a version of this on brennan green's 'pop yer funk' mix - 3rd Face - Canto Della Liberta.

trying to post mix right now...3rd track in, killer postpunk/dub stuff from a couple years back...

• downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
    sounds like a slight remix in the beginning, but pretty much the same track.

starts at about 3:55

brennangreenpopyourfunkvol.1

• I don't think they've topped this yet:
    d.) they weren't always on thrill jockey and people have always cared because their shit is just good