FORGET REAL TALK, THIS IS RECORD TALK

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
So I cleaned a bunch of rock records today. Nina Hagen Band was moldy as fuk, Hawkwind Space ritual for $1 yes please. The joys of Coltrane and Mingus are not forgotten. David Crosby still rules the universe. I like that 999 record from 1978, new wave is the new old country. Is it wrong to want to sell my later Terry Callier and find his early records?Got a batch of eBay coming up with the pricey Chuck and Mary Perrin early LPs. Can't wait to get that up tonite/tomorrow night along with all those blues, import soul, and stuff you saw me post a month ago in my findz post. Hope you're njoying the Johnnie Taylor LP miss bassie. What else is record related in your world right now? Good findz? rediscoveries? old friends?ps: yeah, I'm taking it therepps: deal cos I am dealing right now. Hawaii is a glimmer in my emotional eye. Ladies don't love cool mylatency, hahahahahahahsigh

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hawaii is a glimmer in my emotional eye. Ladies don't love cool mylatency, hahahahaha

Trust me, you are better off in Hawaii right about now than West LA. Go hit the beach dude!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Hawaii is a glimmer in my emotional eye. Ladies don't love cool mylatency, hahahahaha

Trust me, you are better off in Hawaii right about now than West LA. Go hit the beach dude!

Nah dude I'm back and I'm taking it there. A Month of Mylatency record talk. It will be uber yet boring, I promise.

No more DEAL or no DEAL. Strict record turntable whipping pallette cleansing idolatry and whipsmart quips about your lack of rock selections. Go listen to a Flaming Lips CD Yuichi. How about Beck Sea Change? LOL

My morning jacket vs Band of Horses. I ride for MMJ.

FLAMING LIPS
    THE SOFT BULLETIN

OWNS

DA

ENTIRE

WORLD

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    FLAMING LIPS
    THE SOFT BULLETIN

I couldn't resist selling my copy.

$75 for a record I bought new for $10
    maybe four years ago was irresistable.

I am feeling records this weekend, though,
    with the big Boston record swap at my crib
    coming off so lovely. Mad Strutters in the
    house, talking records, drinking beers, making
    trades and hanging on a sweet summer day.

Shit was real, and if I may; DEAL

FLAMING LIPS
    THE SOFT BULLETIN

I couldn't resist selling my copy.

$75 for a record I bought new for $10
    maybe four years ago was irresistable.

I am feeling records this weekend, though,
    with the big Boston record swap at my crib
    coming off so lovely. Mad Strutters in the
    house, talking records, drinking beers, making
    trades and hanging on a sweet summer day.

Shit was real, and if I may; DEAL

Sounds like you guys had fun, wish I lived on the east coast right now. I dunno how Boston is but I remember NYC in the summertime is no joke as in off da chain.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Dude, how could you delete that other thread!

Dude, how could you delete that other thread!

too personal
    too blah blah blah
    too dumb

I self edit a lot if you haven't noticed.

COLTRANE LUSH LIFE TAKING IT THERE
    BOUT TO HEAD OUT
    BE COOL, Y'ALL

luv,
    'latency

• autoauto 198 Posts
    I just sold 400 dollar bin turdz and 90s gay trance for $100 so I can get new brake pads on my car. Feels good to get them outta here

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I went record shopping for the first time in months the other day. It was a good feeling. i have more money now so I don't have to be as greedy with my purchases. I remember having to pass up a lot of good stuff because I could only justify buying what I would play in the club. It's all I had in the budget. Now I can be more impulsive and not feel guilty. Shoes, records, they're all in the budget.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I just paid way too much for a latin record, but i'm working on getting a copy of "Drop Drugs... Get Hooked on Jesus" for free off of a co-worker. And it actually might happen!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    MILTON!

MILTON NASCIMENTO =

I will ride for this forever:

^^^ that and the Verocai record.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    MILTON NASCIMENTO =

I will ride for this forever:

^^^ that and the Verocai record.

me too, mine is played out. anyone got another copy they want to sell to me?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Hope you're njoying the Johnnie Taylor LP miss bassie.

ooooh am I ever! so did the fine girls and boys at the party I played at! Many thanks to you!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

What else is record related in your world right now? Good findz? rediscoveries? old friends?

this has been stuck to the slipmat recently

Hope you're njoying the Johnnie Taylor LP miss bassie.

ooooh am I ever! so did the fine girls and boys at the party I played at! Many thanks to you!

^^^ THASS WHAT I'M TALMBOUT!!!!! JEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Also be on the lookout for my batch of blues, jazz, soul and other raers coming up on eBay next tuesday!!!!!!!!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    listening to these a lot lately

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

^^^ THASS WHAT I'M TALMBOUT!!!!! JEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it was HER that stepped to that JT before me

At least it was someone I like