Weekend Finds Thraed

2»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Adding insult to injury, it's not worth much either.

• AreDoubleAreDouble 124 Posts
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No special finds aside from that Russ. . . Resulting in an apparent Soulstrut faux pass. Sorry for any gross inconveniences and/or lives destroyed.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts

Top left is an OST with some nice funk/disco tracks
    Rock Day is...Rockday
    Suzuki Shigeru is former a Happy End member. Some really cool shit on this.
    I love Psyche Rock, but this 12" is...

psshh!! that track is absolutely not DOODOOONASTICK.. check out the rest of the lp also. "bejart" blablabla french blablabla. pencilface posted it above.

boom

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts

i dont know what that means im afraid. somethjing about the Okko pressing? if so, i dont know anything about it. the quality and printing method of the cover doesnt look like a recent reissue but the disc is really minty--- so maybe it is.

I don??t know which pressing you have got there, but the OG has a red BASF label in the upper left corner of the cover. Looks like this:

oh right --- wll its not an OG then. i only paid a couple of quid and it's a fun listen so i shan't lose any sleep.

• i dont know what that means im afraid. somethjing about the Okko pressing? if so, i dont know anything about it. the quality and printing method of the cover doesnt look like a recent reissue but the disc is really minty--- so maybe it is.

I don??t know which pressing you have got there, but the OG has a red BASF label in the upper left corner of the cover. Looks like this:

oh right --- wll its not an OG then. i only paid a couple of quid and it's a fun listen so i shan't lose any sleep.

that's ok. i just thought it looked weird. it's a great record. one of my favorites! herb geller!!!

• scrimboscrimbo 49 Posts

it took rey that long to send those?

Label/Receipt Number: CP55 2425 494U S
    Detailed Results:

Acceptance, May 23, 2007, 9:41 am, VALLEY SPRINGS, CA 95252
    International Dispatch, May 25, 2007, 11:51 am, SAN FRANCISCO AMC
    Arrived Abroad, May 29, 2007, 12:24 pm, NEW ZEALAND
    Out of Foreign Customs, May 29, 2007, 3:27 pm, NEW ZEALAND
    Delivered Abroad, May 30, 2007, 6:51 am, NEW ZEALAND[/b]

They were sent the day after he paid.

DIE.

this recipt looks photoshopped.

Those Blue Note LP's weren't sent to Holmes initially ... They arrived on MY desk quick smart. A++ seller!!!

• scrimboscrimbo 49 Posts

There was a record fair in AK this morning, those Blue Note reissues probably will look familiar to a couple of people on here & weren't really from the fair
    The rest of the stuff except Terry Callier/Rotary Connection was cheap at the fair, it wasn't bad as far as the local fairs go, but not as much good soul & funk as there has been & the 45s I saw were mostly pretty uninspiring & condition is always a factor.

Pretty lackluster fair ... Overly intense old man gripp action. It's horrible - poor form. They are all only after Beatles LP's anyway. Stop glaring over my shoulder!!!

Here's the highlights (sorry for lack of real-world photos/proof)...

- mailbox 'finds' pending ...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Don't do these all too much anymore, but I had a prtty nice day at PCC and a couple nice other pick ups this week

first some moder soul

then some soul (no moder)

and not a find, but definitely an acquirement

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I found a Freak Nasty "Da Dip" 12"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I dip you dip we dip

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    I love Psyche Rock, but this 12" is...

psshh!! that track is absolutely not DOODOOONASTICK.. check out the rest of the lp also. "bejart" blablabla french blablabla. pencilface posted it above.

Like I said, I love the original track but this rubbish techno version does not do it justice at all. It doesnt have that fuzz guitar, the bells, the flute or anything that made the original cool.
    DOO DOO

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I been buying a lot of records and shit but last weekend I had to throw down and get this

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    well boo-urns to that.

hahahahha. that brings back memories. now i cant ge tit out my head

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I been buying a lot of records and shit but last weekend I had to throw down and get this

I bought that about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago when they first came out. Within the first 2 hours of wearing, I got compliments from FIVE random strangers. Shit is definitely a stunner.

Plus it matches Good Records NYC.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    haha GOOD TIMING Jonny (pun intended of course):

I been buying a lot of records and shit but today I had to throw down and get this

had to have it
    "heavy schitt" does not take longer

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    That rotolog schitt is nice. I'd get one in black chrome for sure.

• AreDoubleAreDouble 124 Posts

I bought that about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago when they first came out. Within the first 2 hours of wearing, I got compliments from FIVE random strangers. Shit is definitely a stunner.

Plus it matches Good Records NYC.

Wanted to get this in time for the wedding I went to. No dice. Maybe soon. . .Wish it didn't have the Nixon logo on it, though.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    step your watch game up!

i'm rocking this on my wrist:

Bulova Men's Diamond Bezel Chronograph Watch [/b]

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    no offense to those w/ nice timepieces on their wrists, but competitive wristwatch flossing is sort of weird.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    no offense to those w/ nice timepieces on their wrists, but competitive wristwatch flossing is sort of weird.

Next up: flossing paychecks on soulstrut...

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    step your watch game up!

i'm rocking this on my wrist:

Bulova Men's Diamond Bezel Chronograph Watch [/b]

i can dig that

• real world findz. xtra cymande s/t and this. both for trade

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Teo "Grito Selvagem"

i wish i could find a photo cause the cover is pretty crazy.

and this OG

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Teo "Grito Selvagem"

i wish i could find a photo cause the cover is pretty crazy.

yes. the cropping around his hair with scissors in every photo is pretty out there.

mine doesnt have a hand on the right side though.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    cheap.

• Don't usually post finds over here but thought some of you would be interested in this.

If anyone has any idea on this as far as value/rarity or whether there were any other 45's released off this record, please let me know. Can't seem to find any reference to it.

The flip is Blue Bossa.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    some finds from the pcc swap: Haven't been in a while, but I always forget how much fun it is to go through the whole routine again, of early morning waking, coffee drinking, endless boxes, nice people, Roscoe's afterward...you all know.

The Meditations -- no more friend
    The Sensational Five Singing Sons -- hotel happiness
    Elizabeth Cotten -- freight train and other South Carolina folk songs and tunes
    Black Ivory -- baby won't you change your mind
    Stanley Brothers -- hymns of the cross
    Bo Diddley -- go (og canadian pressing)

The Sensational Five Singing Sons is amazing. It was sealed when I got it and thank god had this for a back picture:

also won this on ebay.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

this dress is

that is Not[/b] a dress