DC This Weekend

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Coming to town with my wife on Saturday night. Any struters djing or any good shows going down? Not worried about finding stuff to do as there is a ton of great free stuff to check out, but I just want to know if there is anything I should not miss. Also any good spots to grab brunch on Sunday?

Comments

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    How long are you here til? Lots of great stuff going on Monday and Tuesday.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Just a one night stay in Saturday out Sunday. I plan on coming by the shop. What are your hours, whats your shops phone number and do you have a wife bench?

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Oh snap! I'm there Tom. Do you know what time you're playing?

Just a one night stay in Saturday out Sunday. I plan on coming by the shop. What are your hours, whats your shops phone number and do you have a wife bench?

I'm open Saturday from 12-9 (I won't be in until 2) and Sunday 12-7. We do provide wife/husband seating. 1843 14th Street NW (corner of T).

If you get bored with Delay's set I'll be spining next door (literally):

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    If you get bored with Delay's set I'll be spining next door (literally):

what's up with the the pre 7pm-10p, Carlton Livingston BBQ ??
    is it dc area reggae singer legend or a cook with the same handle ??

Not sure which Carlton Livingston it is but I can find out. Nothing would surprise me at the Lounge. I do know that Kalani (Thievery's former manager) spins mostly reggae.

Here's the answer to the Carlton Livingston question:

He does sing but its not The one

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Here's the answer to the Carlton Livingston question:

He does sing but its not The one

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

thanks !

the ONE lives in P.G. county, so it wouldn't be too far fetched.
    (& a must check out, before yer set of course )

• Lots of great stuff going on Monday and Tuesday.
    Anyone ever go to the Great American Smokeout held on the 4th on the White House back lawn? Getting high with 5000 people in that location in full view of DC metro and secret service was fun for many reasons but I'm sure that it stopped being held when our current prez took office.

Lots of great stuff going on Monday and Tuesday.
    Anyone ever go to the Great American Smokeout held on the 4th on the White House back lawn? Getting high with 5000 people in that location in full view of DC metro and secret service was fun for many reasons but I'm sure that it stopped being held when our current prez took office.

Still happening:

Smoke-In
    Where: Washington, D.C.
    N/A
    Washington, DC
    The 38th annual Smoke-In extravaganza fires up with a rally at high noon in Henry Bacon Ball Field, followed by the Peace Mile walk and a concert that blazes from 2-9 p.m. You've never seen fireworks like this before.
    Appearing in concert: H.R.(of Bad Brains), The Dubb Agents, Morning 40 Federation, Christos, Unfortunate Sons, Supreme Commander and Rosetta Stoned.

When: Jul. 4: noon Rally 2 p.m. Concert 3 p.m. Parade

Price: Free.

Information: 202-251-4492

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

I've seen the cops swoop in on this a couple times. Once it almost got riotous.

I'll be playing a little funk 45 set ovet at ESL with Daniel Moose early in the evening as well, so i'll see you there Neville C.

I've seen the cops swoop in on this a couple times. Once it almost got riotous.

The times I've been I've never seen them swoop but I could see the potential. They generally leave everyone alone unless they see money changing hands. They do watch everyone like hawks and most likely are taking your picture to keep "on file" somewhere.
    If you're not holding then at least bring a pipe, a lighter and an umbrella and you should be good to go.