Digitizing your vinyl - software inquiry?

tjamestjames 156 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
A collegue's husband promised me his collection after he converts his gems to MP3, the only problem is he doesn't know what software to use. I don't use MP3's so I have no insight... What software do you use?Thanks.

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Audacity and iTunes.

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

Thanks.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• What are y'alls opinions on just burning CDs of records and then importing them into your 'puter? I did this for ages before I had a laptop, so it was kinda useful to already have tracks ready to load, plus now I still have a hard copy of everything. Am I missing something?

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    What are y'alls opinions on just burning CDs of records and then importing them into your 'puter? I did this for ages before I had a laptop, so it was kinda useful to already have tracks ready to load, plus now I still have a hard copy of everything. Am I missing something?

Hey what's the story behind your avatar? That's a Richard Notkin teapot. Are you a ceramist?

• What are y'alls opinions on just burning CDs of records and then importing them into your 'puter? I did this for ages before I had a laptop, so it was kinda useful to already have tracks ready to load, plus now I still have a hard copy of everything. Am I missing something?

Hey what's the story behind your avatar? That's a Richard Notkin teapot. Are you a ceramist?

good balls.

eyeballs that is. no I'm haven't really messed w/ ceramics since high school.
    I just like his art, esp the teapots. good stuff.