New Mix CD: REGGAE UNDER RAPS

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited June 2007 in Announcements
I'm FINALLY done with this damn thing and I got the artwork yesterday. Masters have been sent off and I should have copies by next weekend. Just over half of it is my reggae remixes, while the other half are the original Jamaican joints. Here's the cover and tracklisting:Thanks to all of you who've given me feedback on my remixes, and big shouts out to MESH for mastering this and to the one ASPRIN for the design.

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    on the cover and the remixes! Should be a summer killah!

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Great title!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Thanks, Stef. You know how I do.

And here's a preview of one of the tracks:

ugk ft. outkast - international players anthem ross hogg telephone love remix

• Options
    Rossiepoo, you doing pre-orders on this?

• This mix is MORE FIRE

congrats R.A.W.S.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    NOICE! can't wait to hear it rowse.

Rossiepoo, you doing pre-orders on this?

Damn, you're full of good ideas!

Sure. $10 via Paypal to [email]rosshogg@italselection.com[/email] will cover shipping.

But Sween, I think I may owe you something, so holler on the email first.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Ross, you came correct with this joint. This is gonna be my soundtrack for this summer.

A big 4th of July BUMP (or brrraaap), along with another track from the CD, over one of my most favorite riddims ever, M-16:

Wes Fif ft. B.O.B. - Haterz Everywhere (Ross Hogg M16 Remix

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    do they come with a free fidel castro hat like the one kingmoist rocks? if so i'll take 10! brown, navy blue, grey & blaze orange plaese! spank you, please drive around!!!!

do they come with a free fidel castro hat like the one kingmoist rocks? if so i'll take 10! brown, navy blue, grey & blaze orange plaese! spank you, please drive around!!!!

No. As Asprin handled the design on this one, all accompanying Castro Caps will be in madras print.

Damn, how did I get positioned for a zing here. Haha. Ross Frogg bringing up old shit.

I'M OUT THE TRUNK:

Hauler at a Hoggy.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    let's catch up this week and i'll cop one! dinner lateur this week? i'll wear something sexy yet thuggy fraesch!

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    just sent ya $10...

• Options
    just sent ya $10...

just sent ya $10...

P.A.--um, P.N. all day!

And thanks Sween, Bellcity, and urr'body else. CDs are going out today.

And Cas, holler.

I went to the post office yesterday on my lunch break to mail these out, and while I was waiting in line, I heard "Rumours" by Gregory Isaacs (aka Track 14 on this disc). The one nutty dude who works there (and doesn't give a damn) was bumpin' a cool ruler album.

A good omen; I think everyone's CDs will arrive even faster.

Let me say that quite a few folks were expecting a certain Duppy with CDs pon hands in Palm Springs this past weekend.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Let me say that quite a few folks were expecting a certain Duppy with CDs pon hands in Palm Springs this past weekend.

Yup. I endured a freeway blowout, an hour-long wait in 111 degree heat for an $85 tow truck, a new $180 tire and Daze' undercover tossin' and turnin' and still no Ross Hoggy Hogg.

Thank God for REM Sleep. (Real Headz know what I speak of.)

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    I'm loving this mix. I like how you alternated the rap tracks with full reggae joints -- a CD of strictly 20+ reggae/rap blends would get old after a while, since some of them are bound to be clunkers.

However, I think the Josh Bea diss track was a little unnecessary.

I like how you alternated the rap tracks with full reggae joints....

Thanks--I went back and forth for a while, but in the end, I'm glad I did it this way.

However, I think the Josh Bea diss track was a little unnecessary.

I really didn't wanna do that, but Duppy insisted.

My dude!! This sounded so nice on this warm sunny day. Thanks for sending me a copy. It's a perfect summer mix.

Now available at TeeTeeLabb!

• oldjeezyoldjeezy 134 Posts
    Huh. I guess it's back to the lab for me and my little dude "Telephone Love" blend I had goin'. I'm not sayin which 'pella I like to throw on there.

Ish is tight, and that's coming from a reggae head. I like it!!

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    this shit is really, really, really good!

excellent job, Ross.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    thats mc hammers dong i could spot it from a mile away

• thats mc hammers dong i could spot it from a mile away

Indeed. I was going for the pumps and a BUMP on this thread.