Velvet Brush for Cleaning Records

JoeRoJoeRo 32 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Can anyone recommend a good velvet brush (or a non-velvet brush) that works well for cleaning purposes?

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i have never found any kind of brush that works.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Discwasher works ok. There are better ways to do some serious cleaning but for quick day to day cleaning while listening to your records they work fine.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Discwashers are great for brushing dust off of clean records. Do not expect them to actually "clean" your records though. I would not fuck with that solution they come with.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The carbon fiber brushes work fine as long as you're using a turntable mat and not some staticy slipmat.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Goldring brush:

http://www.everestaudio.com/price-pages/Goldring-Super-Exstatic-Record-Brush.htm

Can be found for under 20 bones. Simply the best. Good to use in conjunction with the milty zerostat. Case closed.

h

• JoeRoJoeRo 32 Posts
    Thanks for the input. So, is the VPI the only way to go for the "total clean?" I've had good luck using a friend's machine and I must say it worked well.

Is there anyway to accomplish the same clean without the machine?

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I guess this is as good a place as any to ask... what kind of solution do yall use/make for records? I know a mix between distilled water and rubbing alcohol is a good move, but what proportions? Do yall add anything else to the mix?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I guess this is as good a place as any to ask... what kind of solution do yall use/make for records? I know a mix between distilled water and rubbing alcohol is a good move, but what proportions? Do yall add anything else to the mix?
    Dish detergent

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

This was brought up not too long ago - Cleaning Records?

There's quite a few recipes in the second post's links.