THE PURPLE MIX (A Tribute To Prince!)

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
[color:purple]An hour and 40 minutes of my favorite Prince tunes. Includes demo versions, unreleased material, a couple Prince related songs and the MF'ing CLASSICS! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us/></a><a href=http://www.brooklynradio.net/one-day-laterhttp://www.brooklynradio.net/one-day-laterPrince - Wet Dream Cousin (Unreleased) Prince - Something In The Water (Does Not Compute) (Demo Version) Prince - Do Yourself A Favour (Unreleased) Prince - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man Prince - Purple Music (Unreleased) Prince - The Line (Unreleased) Prince - I Would Die 4 U Prince - Desire (Unreleased) Prince - Strange Way Of Saying I Love U (Unreleased) Prince - Do It All Night Prince - Fury Sheila E - The Glamorous Life Prince - Around The World In A Day Prince - Uptown Prince - When Doves Cry Prince - Climax (Unreleased) Prince - Erotic City Prince - Irresistable Bitch Prince - Irresistable Bitch (Demo Version) Prince - I Feel For You Chaka Khan - I Feel For You Prince - Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad Prince - Extra Lovable (Unreleased) Prince - Controversy Prince - Lady Cab Driver Prince - Little Red Corvette Prince - Raspberry Beret Prince - Take Me With U Prince - 1999 Prince - Possessed (Unreleased) Apollonia 6 - Sex Shooter Prince - Sex Shooter (Demo Version) Prince - Feel U Up (Demo Version) Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover Prince - Housequake Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl Prince - Head Prince - Soft and Wet Prince - Jerk Out (Demo Version) Prince - G-Spot (Unreleased) Sheila E - A Love Bizarre Prince - Kiss Prince - Kiss (Acoustic Demo) Prince - Wouldn't You Love To Love Me (Unreleased) Prince - Money Don't Matter 2 Night Prince - Crazy You Prince - The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker Prince - Baby Go-Go (Unreleased) Prince - Sign O' The Times Prince - Let's Go Crazy Prince - If I Was Your Girlfriend Prince - I Miss You (Unreleased) Prince - Purple Rain [/color]

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    what is shelia E's relation to prince?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    He wrote and produced most of her first few records, and she played in his band for a few years.

Mix looks excellent, can't wait to hear it later.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

He produced/co-producer/wrote for her, and she was in his band for a while I believe.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    sounds excellent so far. my day tomorrow at work is saved

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    Just wanted to say that this mix is very dope and helped with the afternoon paperwork lull. Thanks man!

PS - Canada represent, represent.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Is there a download available? I'd love to give this to my lady for the car.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

click podcast, then scroll down and right click on the "listen" button - its an mp3, like podcasts should be.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

He produced/co-producer/wrote for her, and she was in his band for a while I believe.
    new to me, thank you

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Prince - Something In The Water (Does Not Compute) (Demo Version)

First off, GREAT mix, Pony!

I'm only up to the 2nd track...Did you add some extra instrumentation (piano n stuff) to this song? It's been a while since I've listened to the 1999 album, but
    the version here is much jazzier/richer sounding than I remember it.

"Do Yourself A Favor" =

Good stuff!

SG

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Prince - Something In The Water (Does Not Compute) (Demo Version)

First off, GREAT mix, Pony!

I'm only up to the 2nd track...Did you add some extra instrumentation (piano n stuff) to this song? It's been a while since I've listened to the 1999 album, but
    the version here is much jazzier/richer sounding than I remember it.

"Do Yourself A Favor" =

Good stuff!

SG

It's an alternate/demo version. I actually prefer alot of these versions to the released/mixed ones.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    sounds great...but no Jill Jones or Mazarati?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    sounds great...but no Jill Jones or Mazarati?

Jill Jones "G-Spot" is awesome...chorus is "g-spot, g-spot...where oh where can you be?"

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Jill Jones "G-Spot" is awesome...chorus is "g-spot, g-spot...where oh where can you be?"

Prince - G-Spot (Unreleased) Demo Version

It's on the mix.

awesome, you got me, really great mix man! smooth quick transitions that don't feel rushed at all

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This is really good. Thanks!

• Is there a download available? I'd love to give this to my lady for the car.

click podcast, then scroll down and right click on the "listen" button - its an mp3, like podcasts should be.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/brooklynradio/br...x__Jun2607_.mp3

had all these Prince s already but the actual mix is !

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

http://s3.amazonaws.com/brooklynradio/br...x__Jun2607_.mp3

had all these Prince s already but the actual mix is !

Word. I'm sure most fans are up on those tunes. There's something about the vibe of those demo tracks that is just amazing.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Thanks Karlo. I'm a podless fellow, so i don't know about all these hi-techity terms.

Much appreciated. Same goes for the mix post.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

I opften play this out, but don't get much of a response. Digging too deep for the crowd I guess, but I still keep it in rotation anyways.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Surprised this mix hasn't been pulled yet, Prince is kind of a dick to his fans, unless they're paying mad loot.

Trying to find anything Prince on youtube is next to impossible.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    What, no "Manic monday"?

DL:ing now, thanks in advance. Can't get too much Prince, or even enough.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Best Prince mix I've heard. Thanks!!!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    thanks for this, ive listened to it a few times since yesterday

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I am eating pancakes to this.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Thanks! Gonna listen to it on a boring flight tomorrow, judging by the reactions and the tracklist it will be good

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    thank you!

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    The mix is
    Thanks for taking the time to put it together! I'm only half way through but had to post up thanks!