That new Pharoahe Monch

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I went out and bought it on the strenf but, damn, this is kind of boring. And has too much singing.Couldn't he have gotten Just Blaze to give him a discount on some production or something? That's a combination that I think really would have worked.

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Couldn't he have gotten Just Blaze to give him a discount on some production or something? That's a combination that I think really would have worked.

I wasn't all that into the one song they did together.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this single to this is all kinds of awful, i can only imagine the album must be slightly better.

whats the last great just blaze beat? something on King?

i'm not feeling his work for Fabolous...feels sloppy

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I wanna hear this the two 12"s were aight.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    this single to this is all kinds of awful, i can only imagine the album must be slightly better.

The single, fortunately, is not representative of the rest of the album. One of the worst tracks ever by a respectable artist.

whats the last great just blaze beat? something on King?

Maybe that Game/Nas joint?

Are we talking worse than Mos Def's New Danger here?

Are we talking worse than Mos Def's New Danger here?

I have never heard that album, but I am certain that it falls well below the line of being worth listening to even a single time, much less discussing.

So, probably not.

Sorry i meant true magic.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

The single, fortunately, is not representative of the rest of the album. One of the worst tracks ever by a respectable artist.

which one? Body Baby? You sound hurt, it's not too bad.

which one? Body Baby? You sound hurt, it's not too bad.

Definition of a fanboy = someone unable to recognize/admit that a particular song by an artist whom they like is trash.

Definition of Faux_Rillz = someone unable to recognize/admit that not everyone agrees with their opinion that a particular song by an artist is trash.

Call me what you want. I am not even that much of a fan. I just like the appeal of the song and how it is a vehicle for beckydancing without being of the "worst kind", i.e., there are far worse songs out there by respectable artists. I just disagree with your point of view, no more, no less.

Definition of Faux_Rillz = someone unable to recognize/admit that not everyone agrees with their opinion that a particular song by an artist is trash.

Tepid.

I welcome you little dudes' disagreement.

The world would be a boring place without people so entertainingly uninformed about music.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

this is the worst kind of 'beckydancing' song in the 'gold digger' mold

• Definition of Faux_Rillz = someone unable to recognize/admit that not everyone agrees with their opinion that a particular song by an artist is trash.

If people wanna hear how he use to sound they should re-vist The Equinox, Stress: The Extinction Agenda, the s/t 91 joint or Internal Affairs. Otherwise deal with the changes and roll on playa.

At least you wen't out and bought the cd, which i'm sure half these heads did not.

The world would be a boring place without people so entertainingly uninformed about music.

LET MEEEEEE ENTERTAIN YOU!!!!!![/b]

If people wanna hear how he use to sound they should re-vist The Equinox, Stress: The Extinction Agenda, the s/t 91 joint or Internal Affairs. Otherwise deal with the changes and roll on playa.

Did anyone say they wanted to hear that?

Artists should evolve over time--that much is a given, and it's exceedingly lazy to give them credit merely for evolving rather than evaluating the direction of their evolution.

In this case, the results are disappointing.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    On a related note, both maturing- and Monch-related, that Press Play gets better every time I listen to it. (cough)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Monch's album is most definitely BETTER than the last two Mos Def albums (not that this is really saying much but...)

As folks have noted, the new album is uneven, has some really bad songs here and there, but I dig the ambition, some of the creative angles, and overall, I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's no Turf Talk though.

On a related note, both maturing- and Monch-related, that Press Play gets better every time I listen to it. (cough)

I tried to told everyone on here that it was one of last year's best rap albums.

• On a related note, both maturing- and Monch-related, that Press Play gets better every time I listen to it. (cough)

I tried to told everyone on here that it was one of last year's best rap albums.

wow! puffy sure has some loyal fans, considering his single come with me =

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    u are next level

wow! puffy guru sure has some loyal fans

On another note... this is heavy in my played rotation right now for jazzy hiphop. Def some flavorful beats going on with this volume: Guru-Jazzmatazz_Vol._4_The_Hip_Hop_Jazz_Messenger_(Back_to_the_Future)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    flavorful!

flavorful!

Def!

• Is it still mandatory to wear your Shiny Suit and dance around in circles while playing puffy tracks?? You guys are so t-t-t-totally amazing!!!!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    if only we all looked so dashing in our boring earthtone triple5soul hoodies

if only we all looked so dashing in our boring earthtone triple5soul hoodies

b/w

1997 called and it wants its shiny suit jokes back

• Triple5soul??? LOL sorry not my style kid. Try again... go dust off that shiny suit.

• I smell a lot of asshurt with you faux anytime someone appears to have a diff view.

Do you suffer from the if-anyone-disagrees-with-me-your-not-on-my-level type of shit.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Couldn't he have gotten Just Blaze to give him a discount on some production or something? That's a combination that I think really would have worked.

I wasn't all that into the one song they did together.

Which track was that? I wasn't aware he'd rapped over any Just Blaze beats...