Seun Kuti (Fela Related)

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Seun Kuti is coming to Chicago on Thursday with Egypt 80 to play a free gig at Millennium Park. I have never heard of Seun. I have a record by Femi Kuti but no Seun. Has anyone heard of this guy? Is it a similar situation as the Family Marley, where all several of his children play? Rich Medina is DJing to open the night, if anyone here is interested in coming.

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I have never heard of him nor have I heard as much of Fela's music as everyone here, for that matter (I know, I suck), but after skimming over the LA Weekly summer concert guide, I might see Femi Kuti & The Positive Force at the House of (Everything But) Blues, Friday, July 20th in Los Angeles just to get out.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Out here the HOB always has room for some...

House of (Everything But) Masturbatory Electric[/b] Blues

Don't forget to bring:

--New black leather jacket
    --Orange tan
    --Extra cologne
    --Cigar
    --2nd gen wife

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

Don't forget to bring:

--New black leather jacket

My dad's tattered Road Warrior dealie that he hasn't worn since Rush played the Convention Center? Check.

--Orange tan

I don't think I can compete with those cokehead Gotti boys on MySpace, but I have a nasty sunburn right now that's killing me

--Extra cologne

No sense of smell since birth. Sorry.

--Cigar

You mean the ones you get at gas stations only to split open and replace with weed later, right?

--2nd gen wife

Shit, I don't even date.

Looks like I'm set!!!

Seriously, Lee Perry's playing the HoB later this summer as well. I'm definitely rolling through for that one.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Is Felaish a word?

- spidey

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    I saw Seun Kuti perform live last year and it was a very, very good show!

• Go

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

--Orange tan

Not just good ... a GREAT look.

As for Seun Kuti, New York folks can check him out at SOBs on Sunday