please to recommend.......

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
more stuff that sounds like this:and does this stuff have its own genre or technical term besides being library records and soundtracks :I need more of this stuff in my life. Moogman sent me Nardini albums I didnt have some months back...( thanks again!! the other one was a little out there for me though LOL ) But I want something different artist wise, similar sound wise.Suggestions?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    more stuff that sounds like this:

David Snell "Crab Apple Jam"

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    what is it that you like? harp? Richard Evans arrangements? theremin funk? or just Ashby?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I like the exotic spacy jungle drums and percussion on the other two

and harp and funkness of the Ashby.

i think cutchemist just used a very small part of something off that Nino and there was a sample from the same album on Fishscale too I think.

its more the over all sound. Exotic lounge style I guess?...maybe some latin tinges here and there.

Im not really sure what it is...euro-funk?

I dunno

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

being a fan of the dudes other work I picked this up 2 weeks ago. I think this may be what your looking for, or not. Its a double lp of very welldoen jazz that has touches of funk and lots of really nice synths. His other lp's dont sound like this AT ALL so I suggest you pick this up. Its one of his more "lounge" chilled out albums. You need this in your life.

• this might be a slight stretch, but maybe check the dusty fingers series if you haven't already - running at 15 volumes now, heavy on the obscure 'euro funk' tip

some volumes are better than others - theres a reason people used to talk about these everytime a new one dropped

thanks for the pointer, I'll check some of the ones I have.

This is off that La Guepe comp from the picture above:

I dig things of this nature and want to find more.

Godchild is a album I love that I got from someone on the other board.

Anything like that..and doesn't have to be on vinyl, cd comps are cool too.... just interesting things to play in the bar while Im at work or at home painting and need something energetic.

thanks for the responces so far.

• on the exotic & energetic eastern tip theres the 'funk mode' comp put out by the Julian and co from UK shop Record Kingz - they're infamous for having the worlds worst website, not sure if its been changed at all in recent times but ..

this new funk effort on Timmion was up the druggy funk alley and was popular with heads on here when it dropped:

and bringing the drums and that other goodness, Jeremie - the image is ganked from waxidermy so maybe you can find it reviewed over there

the vampro's lesbos is pretty hot as well:

and then theres stuff like Janko Nilovic's Psych Impressions album too ...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Euro:

Exotic:

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Euro:

i am feeling this...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Exotic Euro:

Exotic Euro:

Yes, Yes, and YES.

this is what I am after...... you always come through.

I think I've been sleeping on that italian thread....... fuck.

makes me crazy, if I only had loads of money

...........or just more free time

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    if you dig exotic flute ...

from

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

But I want something different artist wise, similar sound wise.

Suggestions?

this is not that similar soundwise, but Teupen plays harp and it??s really enjoyable to listen to

on the funky tip

more on the muzak tip

• NutsNuts 44 Posts
    Some recommendations:
    David Snells "International flight" ("KPM1124 Big Business/Wind of Change")
    Nino Nardini "Shere Khan" / "Tropicola ("Jungle Obsession" / "Mindbender")
    Les Baxter "Voodoo Dreams" ("Jungle Jazz")
    Both Lesimans "Here & Now" albums
    Piero Umilianis "To-Day's sound", "Five Dolls for an august moon" and "Svezia, Inferno E Paradiso" (sweden heaven or hell) albums