NYY Off Season

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• fawk boston, but i should'nt talk when washed up oldtimer teams like SF beatup on my yanks... current status =

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    fawk boston, but i should'nt talk when washed up oldtimer teams like SF beatup on my yanks... current status =

ha! serious i thought my giantes were gonna be swept, im surprised they came back to win in extra innings on saturday, for sure the game was over when arod hit that bomb.

as for sundays victory, this guy was on our side

rod beck R.I.P.

• yeah r.i.p. Beck he was a great pitcher!!

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    prob already been posted but....

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6562

My groin is tiiiiiiiiiiired.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

"Where am I?"

"You're at Yankee Stadium Roger."

"I WANNA PITCH!!"

• Was that video suppose to be funny??

You know some kind of weird wacky double standard exists about yankee players vs. the rest of the league. Commentators and fans were saying how terrific it was that he found a situation where he could continue pitching and spend time with his family.

Now he has the same deal in pinstripes and it's a problem? C'mon.

He had this deal for three years in houston and nobody said a word when he was doing a fantastic job with them and making some big memories for those astro fans.

It all boils down to three teams were willing to meet with Clemens and listen to his demands. Three teams understood that they could refuse to meet such unprecedented requests and simply watch Roger retire. And three teams decided to make pitches to the seven-time Cy Young winner anyways.

How exactly is it the pitchers' fault when multiple team owners are willing to meet his demands as he dives into his mid-forties? How can you blame Clemens?? or talk shit about him at all.

And I wonder about all these people calling out the Rocket. Would they refuse an offer to work only half the year for a high amount of income? Would they deny the chance to spend more time with their own families if given the opportunity? It's easy to say "no" when the choice is not available to you.

Diss Clemens and you diss yourself...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Was that video suppose to be funny??

Yes.

It was a joke.

As for the double standard talk, most Bostonians I know were referring to Clemens as a mercenary for years before his first retirement, never mind his latest stint in Houston. Yet we still wanted him to pitch for Boston, if he were going to pitch, because he's still an excellent pitcher and it would make for a great story.

That doesn't mean we can't have a little fun at his expense. Lighten up.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    Like you've said before, It's a marathon not a sprint...

• Nah, i have a "sense of humor" and the commercial with damon & mauer frozen talking to each other at home plate is FUNNY!

I can't even tell if this is a pro yankee thread or not.. considering the off season is still three months away and they're playing the worst baseball in 10 years. So i'm guessing it's not.

Anyway you've missunderstood me and used the incorrectly. If i'd have been mad you'd see a lot of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after i type every sentance, but I understand how you might confuse this for being angry as it's easy to lose translation & relate to my actual feelings through this black & white text. You are forgiven and will not have any blue ribbons taken back from the soulstutt comeback award committee.

This was more like, do you know WHY your laughing??? as if roger is not striking out 7 batters a game and he's washed up.

• writing off the yanks in july is nagl period.