Rock The Bells -who is reppin"?

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    I think I'll be at the Charlotte, NC show

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    if they can back date this show to 1996, then count me in.

• xyzlenexyzlene 37 Posts
    Ecko, and Lrg convention. I'll pass.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    this show will be packed. They have sold 40K tickets for the LA show, and had to add a second NYC date.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    this show will be packed. They have sold 40K tickets for the LA show, and had to add a second NYC date.

this show sounds like a nightmare.

this show sounds like a nightmare.

You sound old b/w I know.

• xyzlenexyzlene 37 Posts
    a hip hop event for the noob's

40 large - no way man... guess I'm old as well!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    b-man circles everywhere...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

40K of backpackers! thats just too insane. are those numbers similar for the san francisco show as well?

yes and NYC... but you gotta think its all the Rage Against the Machine fans combined with the Wu Fans. Wu fans are insane as well as Rage fans.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i know these big festival type concerts have been going on for a few years, but how many of the artists actually come through? When they list ghostface and raekwon does this mean i really get sunz of man?

either way, i may be able to get a free tix so its worth checking out.

i know these big festival type concerts have been going on for a few years, but how many of the artists actually come through? When they list ghostface and raekwon does this mean i really get sunz of man?

nah rok the Bells is different in taht they ALWAYS get the full Wu. But then again Wu-Tang is partnered in the shows so there is a little extra motivation for them to show up.

nah rok the Bells is different in taht they ALWAYS get the full Wu. But then again Wu-Tang is partnered in the shows so there is a little extra motivation for them to show up.

uuuuh no man. they may have succeeded in getting the full Wu line-up once or twice, but not everytime. (the 11th annual one may have been the only time actually).

in any case, a full Wu lineup is, sadly, not even possible.

yes sad doggie.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Dig the line up but am not diggin the location out here in C.A. A concert in the smack middle of summer in the desert just isn't for me... But Rage is the main reason I'd go... Seen them once for Battle of LA lp and shit was ill...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

uuuuh no man. they may have succeeded in getting the full Wu line-up once or twice, but not everytime. (the 11th annual one may have been the only time actually).

The boy rootlesscosmo has endured disappointment eleven times already, as he was subjected to various permutations of Masta Killa/Cappadonna/U-God--he will not be fooled again!

The boy rootlesscosmo has endured disappointment eleven times already, as he was subjected to various permutations of Masta Killa/Cappadonna/U-God--he will not be fooled again!

nah man I like Cappadonna remember?

True--but do you think his superb mic control carries over into the live performance setting? Or is it more a function of studio wizardry?

True--but do you think his superb mic control carries over into the live performance setting? Or is it more a function of studio wizardry?

Also: don't forget your disgruntlement at being subjected to Cilva Rings, Chamba Masta and you man n'nem, Chamba Pott.

Also: don't forget your disgruntlement at being subjected to Cilva Rings, Chamba Masta and you man n'nem, Chamba Pott.

I am waiting for the Brooklyn Zoo memorial tour: Buddah Monk, Prodigal Sunn, Zu Keeper, Murdoc, Killah Priest, 12 O'Clock, Shorty Shit Stain & 60 Second Assassin.